• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Last big thing on the List !!

Galt72

Contributor
Had her towed to the muffler shop today for new exhaust. The last big thing on the list to do. It's been a long six year make over. Lord I'm glad it's done.

20171114_163045_1510707548279_resized.jpg

20171114_163058_1510707545202_resized.jpg

KeithKinPhx

Congrats. Looks great.

I am still a punk at heart. I would have driven it to the shop. You can tell that story for the rest of your life. "So I pull up to the light and the lady in the next car over........"

OP
OP
Galt72

Galt72

Contributor
I did consider it....!! It's been 40 yrs since I ran open headers

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Same here. Forty years and a LOT of less friendly and understanding people have moved in between me and the shop since then.
First it was the military jets making too much noise and scaring the city folk. Now they're gone. Then it was cleaning your guns on the front porch within sight of the impressionable kids for whom guns have always been a "no-no" instead of a normal thing (really the parents. scaring the so-called adults who can't tell the difference between a normal person coming home from a hunt, and a future mass-murderer who should have been put in a place where they no longer get to interact with the public anyway). Now that has to be done hidden away. Then it was the dogs running around the neighborhood on their own in the morning. Used to almost never get into a fight with other dogs and mostly pooped on their own lawns back then. Now there's too much fancy landscaping so the dogs seem genetically inclined to try to mark new extended territories apparently. Then it was any loud noises, including (and especially!) fireworks. Gone. Then it was cars parked for too long in one place, or (heaven forbid!) working on them within sight of others. What? You actually "work" on your own cars? Is that an air compressor I hear? Harumph! Not to mention the occasional dirt-bike foray down the street. Of course, that last just disappeared all on it's own when there really was nowhere left within riding distance to go TO to ride other than past all the houses. But "they" would never have put up with it anyway even during the short "cleaning and tuning" runs.
Plenty of other things that used to be normal to add to the list of the deceased, and not enough time to list them all. But I digress...;)

Not that it's all bad of course. It's understandable that as people get more packed and packed together, things each of them do effect more and more people, and those people like what the other ones do less and less. Nobody should be dumping used oil down the storm drains or in the neighbor's property, or leaving derelict vehicles to rot away in front of someone else's house. Or doing something that might put someone in danger just because "I've always done it that way" either.
But the whole "packed together" thing is why all the changes that annoy the old-timers come from the city and the more populated places. Because burning your own garbage was only acceptable when there wasn't another house with kids and elderly right next to your burn pile. Just like pissing in the stream seemed so benign until someone moved in downstream!

So change has to come. If it gets bad enough, you just move to the country so your half-city, half-country ways can then piss off a whole new group!;);D

Uh, what were we talking about again?
Oh yeah, open headers in Galt!

Paul

Bronco Maniac

Let us see some pics. I have the flowmasters on collectors but no tailpipes run to the back. Don't know what I am going to do. I like the way it sounds the way it is.

Oh, and that is a good looking ride.

OP
OP
Galt72

Galt72

Contributor
Dirt I feel ya, everywhere we use to ride dirt bikes as kids is covered in houses. I remember watching in awe as they built homes around the most iconic rope swing tree on the Mokelumne river in lodi. We use to dove hunt opening morning and then park are trucks at school with our shotguns proudly displayed in the back window gun rack. Before I could drive we rode our bikes to hunting spots with our shotguns across our handle bars. But now that I'm old, I'm one of those guys that hates the neighbors dog that won't stop barking. The neighbor kid playing the drums for hours on end. Neighbors dozen cats crapping on my lawn. They pump them out faster than I can make them disappear. I'm actively looking for property in the Valley Springs area for some space and get my sanity back.

Back to Bronco, no real trips planned right now. Just want to drive around town and give it a good shake out before anything longer. I'll try to put up some pics of the exhaust when it's done. I know it's a 2 into 1 system that dumps out the passenger side. It's also made for the ZF trans.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Had her towed to the muffler shop today for new exhaust. The last big thing on the list to do. It's been a long six year make over. Lord I'm glad it's done.

LOL. Congrats.. Nice looking rig for sure

laserfish

Beautiful work! Dirt, you must be as old as I am, sure sound like it.
Brent

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Back to Bronco, no real trips planned right now. Just want to drive around town and give it a good shake out before anything longer. I'll try to put up some pics of the exhaust when it's done. I know it's a 2 into 1 system that dumps out the passenger side. It's also made for the ZF trans.

Pics please.
I'm trying to plan routing that fits that kind of exhaust with that transmission and don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Who do you think your fooling?
Worked on it for 6 years and thinks its done. Tell that to your wife and credit card company. We all know their never done. That's why so many of the restored Broncos get sold soon after their so called finish date. Notice all the vendors have new catalogs every year? Why is that? because they have new stuff to bring you back. Just like crack dealers. Get you hooked and keep sending shiny new catalogs and reel you back in. Want it finished you just have to sell yourself out and end the addiction.

Your your own worst enemy. How many times have you looked at or thought about getting another one?

OP
OP
Galt72

Galt72

Contributor
Fooling only myself but I needed that moment...lol There's still more to do and always will be. I've been wrenching on her since 89 and probably will till I can't any longer.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Fooling only myself but I needed that moment...lol There's still more to do and always will be. I've been wrenching on her since 89 and probably will till I can't any longer.

All good, do what you can, enjoy it along the way :)