• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

i need some "professional" help, 1974 bronco

cgrand

Loc.
Hammond, LA
greetings

i have a partially restored 1974 bronco, in hammond LA
unfortunately i am out of free time for the foreseeable future, and i dont want the bronco to just sit and gather dust

here are the things that need finishing:

transmission/transfer case
-hurst floor shifter & new 3sp RAT installed, needs adjusting and fine tuning (shifter tends to catch between gears and neutral)
-new J shifter installed on dana 20, needs adjusting and fine tuning (tends to jump out of gear)
-floor cover plate needs installing

seats
-i have new foam and vinyl from tom's, they need to be installed

engine
-its burning a bit of oil, and tends to bog at idle, need someone who knows what they are looking at to give it the once-over

brakes
-new master cylinder and lines installed, needs new drums and a good once over

that's pretty much it
its not a showroom vehicle and i don't expect it to be, just want to get it driving reliably for short jaunts

so here's where i'm at
i can trailer the bronco to you, within reason (hopefully i can find someone close, relatively speaking). based on my description above (less the engine issue, which is unknown) i'm looking for someone to finish this thing for me, for a fair price. i will buy any parts that are needed, or reimburse.

if anyone has interest, please contact me
chris@grandconstructionla.com
504-915-7123

i'm looking to pay a fair price, not to nickle & dime

thanks!

chris

OP
OP
C

cgrand

Loc.
Hammond, LA
UPDATE:

i originally posted this back in april, and i was desperate for help
a member helpfully referred me to JD at deep south fab (http://deepsouthfab.net/) who by some manner of miracle happens to be less than an hour from my house

long story short, JD is the man
incredibly talented guy who is as nice as can be, and does what he says he will do

JD fixed my shifters, brakes, and carb...installed my new seats...installed my miscellaneous leftover parts...installed power steering and wipers...and fabbed/installed a roll bar

i'll post some pix when i go get it, but to TimTide, who sent me to JD, man all i can say is i owe you BIG TIME