• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I am having trouble with starting bronco.

Bigmax1209

Hello, some of you might know this bronco some of you might not. I have a 74 bronco I am trying to get back up and running but I am having alot of trouble. It used to belong to my dad who was on here quite a bit, went by the name Racetra.This is a gallery of his bronco. I have recently gotten it back from someone who I thought was taking care of it and really neglected it and I am upset, Anyway enough story telling right now, could anyone try to help me figure out what the problem is? I am limited to my knowledge of engines and electrical, I am currently getting 0 power to the solenoid which is why it wont start, the S and I terminals have been chewed up by damn rats but I know you can bypass it. I seem to have a good connection from the battery to the solenoid to my knowledge, here is a picture of where the solenoid is.
Anything helps.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
Couple things I can see easily. There aren’t any wires attached to the S or I terminals. What’s the big cable by the battery terminal that isn’t connected? And the broken fuseable link is most likely the power wire for the ignition switch.

TX-ZACH

Contributor
Loc.
Chappell Hill Texas

Attachments

• IMG_3335.JPG
    IMG_3335.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigmax1209

Couple things I can see easily. There aren’t any wires attached to the S or I terminals. What’s the big cable by the battery terminal that isn’t connected? And the broken fuseable link is most likely the power wire for the ignition switch.
I have been trying to figure out where that cable by the battery terminal goes. the fusable link power the lights and such. I have tried connecting it with electrical wire. the ignition switch still works and turns power on just no lights when fusable link is not connected.

71 CA Bronco

If you are not knowledgeable with electrical you might want some assistance. You didn't say were you are located? There might be a Bronco member near you that could help. I'm sure its an easy fix with the appropriate diagnosis. It could become a bigger problem if not fixed correctly. I would hate to see that happen to you.

OP
OP
B

Bigmax1209

If you are not knowledgeable with electrical you might want some assistance. You didn't say were you are located? There might be a Bronco member near you that could help. I'm sure its an easy fix with the appropriate diagnosis. It could become a bigger problem if not fixed correctly. I would hate to see that happen to you.
I am in Norcal Area, Rocklin. Woulda wanted to take it somewhere but honestly have big trust issues especially around here takin it to an auto place.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tomorrow they’re going to be even closer to you, at the Prairie City off-road park.
We’re holding a secondary event there for people that just want to fool around with their rigs off the street. But it’s not really a tech session so to speak, so it might not be the appropriate venue to just pull it over for people to look at.
Wish we had known a little ahead of time and maybe some could have arranged to have a little tech session and crawl around under your bronco to see what’s going on.
I think that would’ve been fun myself, but then that’s just me! :)
Good luck.