• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holley 4180 w/ Performer vacuum routing???

NoAZ68

Loc.
Northern AZ
Hello,

I have just put an '85 351w w/ an Edelbrock Performer intake (non-egr) and a Holley 4180(until I get my Q-jet) in my '68 Bronco. What is the best setup to route vacuum lines while keeping the necessary ones to advance my distributor (duraspark) and allow the carb to function correctly. Engine is de-smogged.
Thank you...

70_Steve

Old Guy
Which vacuum lines do you need?? Vacuum advance for dist., PCV, power brakes...? Is the carb new? Should have come with a description of all the vacuum ports.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
the large tube on the carb can be used for the PVC valve then there should be a small tube coming out of the metering block next to the fuel bowl site plug that is a timed port use it for your vacuum advance. all other ports can be capped if your runnind power brakes run them off your manifold

G

Thanks for the replies. I have NO power accessories, just the vacuum for the distributor. Do I need any separate vacuum for the secondaries???

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
the secondaries have an internal vacuum source there should be no other tubes to hook up you do have a 4160 not a 4180 right? if your secondary diaphram cover has a tube coming out that can be blocked off it is an equalizer tube for running 2x 4 barrel carbs