• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holley Sniper

jdsmith7985

I have an older model sniper unit that has never quite run correctly. I recently purchased a high capacity fuel tank with the in tank pump. I know I need to put a pressure regulator on it and run a return line from the regulator. Question is, do I still need the return line from the efi unit and if so, do I put a "y" in line from the regulator and the efi unit, then run 1 line back to the tank? Hopefully this all makes sense, thanks in advance.

chuckji

Contributor
Loc.
SE Michigan
The original Sniper (not Sniper 2) has a built in fuel pressure regulator. So all you need is a post pump filter plumbed to the Sniper fuel input, then a return from the Sniper back the fuel tank.
An external fuel pressure regulator can be used if you want - there are a couple of different was to plumb it.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Either way.

You can use the return built into the Sniper and a return line back to the tank
Or you can cap the return at the sniper and run a pressure regulator in line with the return to the tank. C5 Vette fuel filters are a nice unit that combines a good filter and the proper 58 PSI regulator in one package.