• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Had to divorce my body shop today - RANT

jake2077

After 18 months I had to divorce the body shop I used here in Lebanon, TN today. I purchase a 71 Bronco and it needed more rust repair than I had originally thought so I went searching for body shops. I should have done my homework and seen the warning flags but went with CCR anyway. At first things seemed to be progressing well but as time went by more money was needed and statements were made like, "I need you to pay me so I can make payroll". This is a small shop family run and obviously was having a hard time even before covid. They continuously have basic communication issues such as not returning calls, emails bouncing, voicemail full or non-existent. When messages were taken they would not be returned or claimed to not have been received. When I did show up (because of a lack of call back after a month) the owner would not let me see my Bronco in some cases. I can't see how this business can stay operational. Would highly suggest anyone to steer clear.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
That sucks. Glad you got your Bronco back. Have heard horror stories of vehicles disappearing at other shops. Smokey Mountain Customs in Knoxville has some expert metal guys. Rob Perry is the shop manager 865-410-3260

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
i had the same experience with a bad shop. until they got evicted and then my bronco went missing... got it back.. Green77 below link in my sig..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hate to hear that.. Cut the losses though while you can right..

BroncoDesignTN

Sponsor/Vendor
Hey Jake! I hate to hear that. You are not far from us. We are in LaVergne. Give me a shout if you need some recommendations on a couple other shops in our area! -Corey

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Would not let you see your property, I would have run away then.
But I understand just wanting to get things done

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
I had mine in for paint. They kept delaying me and stopped taking calls, emails, text. I had to threaten them with a call from the sheriff and the promise of a warrant if my Bronco was not returned to me within 2 days.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had mine in for paint. They kept delaying me and stopped taking calls, emails, text. I had to threaten them with a call from the sheriff and the promise of a warrant if my Bronco was not returned to me within 2 days.

Was this the same shop in Lebanon that Jake was using?

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hate seeing these type posts where Bronco brothers have been done wrong. I know not everybody can but that's why I try and do as much work on my stuff myself as I can. Parts are not cheap but labor adds up fast in a shop which really stings when the work isn't up to par, or even have been done in some cases.
Good luck getting it finished, there are some good shops out there.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
....When I did show up (because of a lack of call back after a month) the owner would not let me see my Bronco in some cases.

Sounds familiar! Back in the day in Portland, I had an El Camino for sale at a consignment lot. I stopped by a few times as it wasn't there. "It's on a test drive" they would say. Next time I saw it, it had a Seattle radio station sticker in the window, and wood chips and pine needles in the back %)

Hope you get yours back without incident.