• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

There is an upside to Divorce !!!

Galt72

Contributor
I've had my 72 sport explorer since 1989. The blood sucking #$%&* of a wife was always blowing every dime we had so there was rarely any left for the bronco. Well she's gone now and my favorite girl is finally getting the make over she so deserves...lol I rolled the frame out yesterday and power washed it. We then dropped out the 44 and the rear 9. Installing e-locker up front and already had a detroit locker in the back with some new 411 gears. Next is pulling the motor and trans, doing some mods and then on to the blaster and powdercoating in early Nov.

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

65 mustang

;DGlad to here you have time for for true love again. Hang in there, your Bronco brothers and sisters are allways here for a word or bad idea!! Scott

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I can't really tell from the pic's ,but I do hope you got the body cross brace there at the doors. Man she's lookin good!!

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Man, I'm glad I married a non-spender. She asks before she buys anything. Happy for you brother and anxiously await progress pictures.

2b1ask1

Loc.
oklahoma
I had to wait for the divorce to be final, before i started spending money, then there was child support, so Im broke again.. Haha...

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like those frame tie ins for the roll cage. No wife = no worries! Looks like a nice start to a Bronco.

OP
OP
Galt72

Galt72

Contributor
Thanks guys, yes she's crossed braced. I'll be building a stand tomorrow but the work bench and ice chest work pretty well ;D

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
I did much better the second time around.:) And the child support is finally over. Yahh Hoo.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sometimes it does work in your favor... lol ;) Lookin good.

azinny

Loc.
Wellesley
did u make or buy those frame tie ins for the cage? i need to get me some and these are the nicest i've seen.

1966bajabronco

I also like the tie in's...I'm going to have a fab shop make me up some.\

I also am glad my wife is a non-spender...especially when i am the only one who works...as in a real job.

She busts her ass taking care of our son and me. Man I love mexican women!

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
Way to be an optimist. Do yourself a favor if you like country music, buy Jamey Johnson's Lonesome Song album and get to work on your rig. Great beer drinking and working music.;D

mattt

Bronco Guru
He's right!! I'm building more of a Bronco than I ever planned when she was in the picture. Funny thing on my end was, I bought the Bronco about 9 months before we married, so it was all mine in the divorce. You've got the right outlook on the whole deal.....Plenty of money, plenty of time....get after it! ;D

OX1

Bronco Guru
Looks great!! What are the plans for the old girl (no, not the EX, the bronc....:p)

1966bajabronco

galt...

Can you give me the dimesions of the frame tie in's. How far from the frame, size of the "U", tube diameter...ect. I want to have a shop fab some up for me.

Thanks