• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Going price for tub/body

meanjean73

Loc.
Oregon
Going to look at some tubs tomorrow. No title and obviously condition effect price.

No doors, tailgate, fenders, windshield. Just the tub.

What’s a good price for tub that needs rust repair. I’ve seen some sell for $1500 others for $5,000. Just looking for a range.

Seller is asking $3k. I don’t know condition yet but thought it would be a good idea to get suggestions from the experts here.

bulletpruf

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
$3000 sounds about right for a solid tub, but if it needs structural metal work (door posts, etc), I think it's overpriced. Having said that, I haven't followed prices in the past 2-3 years.

OP
OP
meanjean73

meanjean73

Loc.
Oregon
$3000 sounds about right for a solid tub, but if it needs structural metal work (door posts, etc), I think it's overpriced. Having said that, I haven't followed prices in the past 2-3 years.
I thought the same thing. I don't mind some floor pan replacement but if the A and B pillars are shot or the seam along rear quarter panel is rusted out $3k seems high. I don't even know how people figure pricing some things?

When you can buy a tub kit for $5400 and weld it up, hard to spend much more than $3k. I know, its lots of work to build one from scratch but so is replacing door Pilars and other parts of the body.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
i got one in a trade for a set of aluminum wheels that i wasn't using. shipped from a neighbor island.

OP
OP
meanjean73

meanjean73

Loc.
Oregon
Had to pass, it was laying on its side, no rear quarter panels, rocker panels and missing parts of the A pillar. Was barely braced up to prevent warping while on its side. He immediately lowered the price to $2k. I would have a hard time paying $500. The search continues.