• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

whats a going price for a 44?

bigbri69

Loc.
tomsriver
i know this gets talked about alot.but whats the going price people are paying.just woundering cause i saw on ebay a guy had a dana 44 out of a 74 bronco that he converted to a disc braks with toms disc brake kit new ball joints 4:11 gears and install kit.new eveything so he says.+ a nice looking hd diff cover cant remember who makes it anyway he was askin 450.00 dollars and it dident sell.not even 1 bid on it.did any body see it.was it worth it?also was there any differance in the 44's from drum and disc.like bearings tube size?

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I gave $75 for mine with F150 from the knuckles out! $450 Not a terrible price but you can do better! If going from a 30? that eases the pain.

Whats the shippin $$?

Dusty

Bronco Guru
That's a good deal. We usually get around $500 for a used drum brake D44 without any of the upgrades that one has. But sometimes they go on ebay and nobody bids at all, its just a matter of whether anyone needs one and happens to see the listing at the time you have it up. Yeah you can wait around for a killer deal to pop up like Nyles got but $450 is still a good price for what you described.

Dusty

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What is described is not a bad price, however most don't want to deal with shipping on these large items.

OP
OP
bigbri69

bigbri69

Loc.
tomsriver
no shipping for me on this one.its about a hour and a half from me.think im going for it!ill contact him and see if he will make a deal off ebay.ill go to him with cash.

Itsa67

Definitely go for it if you need one and can go get/see it in person! Picking it up lets you know that the seller isn't trying to pull a fast one and that your getting what was advertised+thats really a good price for what you listed.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I see stock EB Dana 44s go for $300-$350 if drum and $600-$650 if disc. $450 for the D44 you describe is a steal to me.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Didnt wait on that one just knew where it was and thats what it cost me in cash the day I went to get it! hahahahaahaha GO GET IT! OFFER $350 caSH BUT BE PREPARED TO GIVE UP THE $450

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think the question is what is the average and Justino in my opinion gave a pretty good ball park.

He is my problem with these questions; everyone always has to tell you about the best deal they have ever gotten and then they wonder why they are contridicted 10 times.

I am off my soap box.

OX1

Bronco Guru
I see stock EB Dana 44s go for $300-$350 if drum and $600-$650 if disc. $450 for the D44 you describe is a steal to me.

Wow, 600$ for a stock EB D44 disk axle. I don't think they would command that around here, but I know cali is always more........

Last edited:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
400-450 for a stock 'as-is' EB disk 44 is about the norm around here..so 450 for one that is ready to go ouwld be a good deal here too.

The HP D44s go for less in stock full-width condition...300 is typical.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Wow, 600$ for a stock EB D44 disk axle. I don't think they would command that around here, but I know cali is always more........

Exactly. I seem to see disc 44s in the classifieds all the time for around $400, but they are 2000 miles away %)

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I paid $150 for one a couple of weeks ago. It was a little rough and was drums , but I am going to replace everything in it any way.And I could pick it up.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Sold a 77 EB dana44 complete for $550.

Bought a complete full width high pinion 76 dana44 for $300. with the complete matching 9" rear axle.

Flintknapper

Loc.
Deep East Texas
“No Brainer” if you are close enough to pick it up yourself and were looking for a nice 44.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Earl...012QQitemZ220221419054QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Early Ford Bronco Dana 44 front axle. This axle has a 4.11 gear ratio. It has been professionally rebuilt. It has disc brake kit installed and comes with proportioning valve(little brown box). It has been sitting for about two or two and a half years. Thats why there is a little film of rust on rotors and hubs and axles(they are new). It is out of my 74 bronco. the bolt pattern is 5 on 5 1/2. The disc brake kit is new, along with the axles, ring and pinion, hubs and cover. the steering knuckles are from a 78*79 bronco or f-150 modified to work. I bought the disc brake kit from toms bronco. Also the ball joints are new. There are no junk yard parts, nor any chevy parts. The width is 60 inches.