• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Factory undercoating???

magstar67

Loc.
Missouri
Did early Broncos have any kind of undercoating on the inner fenders from the factory? What about the floor pans between the frame rails??? These pics are of my ‘75.

IMG_4471.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4468.jpeg
    IMG_4468.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 15

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not that I’ve ever seen.
Most of the coatings that were added, were very minimal splattered on rubberized stuff. Never coating an entire panel, but seen mostly inside the doors and in little splurts on the firewall.
I don’t remember ever seeing anything from the factory on the rear wheel wells, and maybe only occasionally deep inside the inner fender on the kick panel. But not in the wheel well.
Doesn’t mean I’ve looked at every bronco ever built, so there might be exceptions. But I don’t remember ever seeing one.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Factory no. Alot of dealers charged additional to squirt some rubberized stuff on there.
By the way, my 75 has a rubberized undercoat and I think it was likely a prior owner or dealer.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The inside of my 77 doors had a squirt of something in the middle,I believe for noise though

OP
OP
magstar67

magstar67

Loc.
Missouri
During recent brake work I realized this undercoating comes off fairly easy with brake cleaner and a few wipes if a rag so I’m thinking about removing it all because it makes the wheel well area look dirty all the time but that would leave the inner fenders exposed more to rocks etc and be noisier in the cab I assume