• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Factory Grill Lettering Color

BruiserOutdoors

I inquired on a bronco and the owner claimed it was original paint and still retained the Ford Lettering on the grill in black paint. Was this the factory color for the lettering? This would be for a bronco without the bolt-on letters (sport model?)

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
What year is it? Is there a chart listing what years/models received red, blue, or black?

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA

Quote from above thread:

So from the factory, the inner part of the grille was either:
Standard - Wimbledon White with black painted letters
Sport - Argent Silver with chrome letters that had red plastic inserts
Special Décor - Semigloss Black with chrome letters that had red plastic inserts

OP
OP
BruiserOutdoors

BruiserOutdoors

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So the blue letters are just an aftermarket twist?
Yes. Anything painted blue was added by a PO. Any blue inserts in the chrome letters was aftermarket, or also added by a PO after the original red filling fell out.
Blue makes a lot of sense in the Ford world, but I don't believe they ever came that way from the factory on an Early Bronco. Not that I've ever seen or heard of anyway.

Paul