• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Return port add on to factory tank add on

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I added a EFI return to the top of my tank and highly recommend this port add on. Just drill a 1/2" hole in the top and flare the back side and your done.

There are some good videos of how it works on youtube.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240325_092654_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240325_092654_Chrome.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 31
  • s-l1200.jpg
    s-l1200.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 29

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Cool! Tightening the bolt flairs the inside then you take the bolt out and screw in the AN fitting? If it is leak free it looks great. These are not usually submerged in fuel it should be reliable.

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool! Tightening the bolt flairs the inside then you take the bolt out and screw in the AN fitting? If it is leak free it looks great. These are not usually submerged in fuel it should be reliable.
Yep, that simple.

You mount it to the top, so there really isn't a way for it to leak. An o-ring is installed before you tighten the bolt.

Otis Campbell

Contributor
Contributor
Is there a reason not to use the factory fuel pickup with the sock cut off as a return port if using an in-tank pump?

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
That works fine, but I am using the stock sending unit as my pick up for an external pump.
That is what I did as well - my pump is mounted on the frame rail. I connected to the port in the gas fil line that catches spilled gas when filling and return my fuel in there. I would like to use your idea to move it because I can hear the fuel running back into the tank when sitting at idle!