• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer parts.

SLC

Since I see a lot of Explorer swap info and a bunch of guys willing to help on here , how much stuff can you use from an explorer? Like power steering box , pitman arm , rear disc brakes, radiator..also is it an easy engine / trans/transf swap on mounts ? I have a 69 frame with Dana 30 .

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I presume you're talking about the second gen trucks? (95-01). Rear disc brakes can be utilized. And the V8 engines from the 96-01 trucks. That's about it.

Todd Z.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
concensus, buy the whole thing, pull what you want, junk rest to get $300. You can probably buy one $1,500. That gets you a motor which if synthetic was used and changed, the cylinders have no/minimal wear. Front dress, fan, fan clutch, AC compressor, PS pump, alternator, etc.

OP
OP
S

SLC

Thanks guys I appreciate your input and time…

72ford

You can use the transmission as well, if your wanting to go to a automatic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Cooling fan to the back of the transmission. Get an AWD Explorer and there are kits that will let you bolt the Bronco transfer case to the Explorer 4R70W (providing you have the AWD version).