• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer parts to keep?

Gatordog

Loc.
Rio Hondo, Texas
I have a complete 2000 Explorer 5.0 AWD and was wondering what parts other than the obvious I should keep?

I have pulled the following:
Motor, transmission, transfer case, ecm, engine wiring harness, transmission wiring, complete A/C system (still all hooked up)steering column. I will pull the fuse block tomorrow.

My question is what else should I pull?

I plan on just using the motor and serpentine belt system with a carburetor and distributor, and staying with the C4 for now, but might go with the Overdrive later. It is very hot here, so I would like to run a AC system.

Redbark

I'm considering buying a 96 explorer with a 5.0 and I have the same question. What parts should I keep from the explorer for my bronco project?

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Rear axle has value to jeep guys and rear disc are worth grabbing for a future upgrade...