• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI No Start After Sitting - Ron Francis Harness Mustang 5.0

OP
OP
SelectiveSlug

SelectiveSlug

What about inertia switch?
Have one?
It does. I did put eyes on it and it seems like the button is depressed (should it be up?). That’s a good reminder though. Should it have 12v to it on both sides?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
What about inertia switch?

It does. I did put eyes on it and it seems like the button is depressed (should it be up?). That’s a good reminder though. Should it have 12v to it on both sides?
It is placed between the fuel relay and pump, so it should have voltage when the relay does. It acts like a fuse during big bumps. If it trips, it kills current to the pump.

OP
OP
SelectiveSlug

SelectiveSlug

Yes, 12v runs through it when it’s good. You could jump it if you need to.
Checked the inertia switch. Jumped it and it’s getting 12v to it while the pumps run for 2 seconds.

I’m thinking the tfi is the best guess at this point

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And if that works, get a second one.🙄
Then swap it out for the first, just to make sure it works, and keep the first one as a spare.
And if it doesn’t fix the problem, well, at least you now have a spare.😁

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
Check for injector pulse. Noid light kits are cheap and the easiest way, but you can use a test light as well.

OP
OP
SelectiveSlug

SelectiveSlug

Check for injector pulse. Noid light kits are cheap and the easiest way, but you can use a test light as well.

Hey EFI guy, thanks for chiming in. I do not have injector pulse. I also misspoke earlier when I mentioned the TFI module being my main suspect at this point, I meant PIP sensor in the distributor. My understanding is this sensor could be keeping the computer from delivering the signal to the fuel system (fuel pump and injectors), right?

My plan is to swap out the distributor this Sunday

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Hey EFI guy, thanks for chiming in. I do not have injector pulse. I also misspoke earlier when I mentioned the TFI module being my main suspect at this point, I meant PIP sensor in the distributor. My understanding is this sensor could be keeping the computer from delivering the signal to the fuel system (fuel pump and injectors), right?

My plan is to swap out the distributor this Sunday
Hopefully you DO have injector pulse. That's what the injector does when it spits out fuel.

EFI guy might have a better way, but you can use a long screwdriver and use it to listen. One end on the injector and the handle end in your ear. Just might be tough to do while cranking, not sure. Never tried.

OP
OP
SelectiveSlug

SelectiveSlug

Update for future searchers: My distributor was off a tooth. I previous installed the explorer serpentine pulleys and it wasn't allowing the distributor to rotate clockwise far enough to be timed correctly. I had to grind away a portion of the pulley bracket. Reset the timing and it started right up.

I appreciate all the pointers!