• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Don't fidlle around with spark plug, or coil wires while engine is running

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Didja know that you can run a plain ole piece of lamp cord from any plug wire, right through the fenderwell, pass door jamb, behind bench seat, and leave it sticking out a little where driver's butt will be....and it will still shock the bejeezus out of him when he tries to start the truck. Especially if he's all sweaty and wearing only shorts. My brother knows all about that..somehow.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Didja know that you can run a plain ole piece of lamp cord from any plug wire, right through the fenderwell, pass door jamb, behind bench seat, and leave it sticking out a little where driver's butt will be....and it will still shock the bejeezus out of him when he tries to start the truck. Especially if he's all sweaty and wearing only shorts. My brother knows all about that..somehow.

I laughed on that one.....may have to try that!

Ratch

We did that to a kid at work once. He tried to start it 3 times before he came in and asked his dad what was wrong with his car. We would also charge condensers and throw them at each other.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My uncle used to tell me story's about Model T coils and dangling a wire:cool:

ahh..but the T-coil is an entirely separate and usefull animal. It generates a continuous high-voltage spark the whole time its on. ;)

markperry

Bronco Guru
220 will pop you pretty hard too! I was changing o dryer plug without un plugging it(stupid me)I saw a blue light and got thrown against the wall!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
220 will pop you pretty hard too! I was changing o dryer plug without un plugging it(stupid me)I saw a blue light and got thrown against the wall!

220AC....such an entirely different kind of electrical power, Unlike the very high voltage, low amperage stuff that comes from automotive coils..220 AC house current will kill you in a fraction of a second given the wrong path to ground.