• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone make a "Topper" to cover the top mounting holes, when the top is off?

Randy Rickabaugh

Just took the top off my 75, and was wondering if anyone knows of any fillers or anything to cover the bolt holes in the top of the quarters?

Okie69

Contributor
I don’t know of any. What would you even want to cover them with?

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I searched a little but don't remember finding any thing good.

search "bed rail caps" and you'll find results.

(and make sure to click "Google Search" on the Blue line

1687744442630.png

I thought about it in case I put anything electrical in there, like stereo stuff or something.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
how about some plastic grommets/plugs for cable management. you could paint them to match the body and then if you needed to remove them you could use a plastic trim tool.

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
What if you had a Halfcab?
Any sheet metal shop could bend those up however long you wanted. You could fasten them with nice hardware or even 2 sided tape.
Heck, you could be fancy and have studs welded to the bottom and hold them in place with nuts through the factory holes. Anodize the aluminum and sell 'em for $400 a set.

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Any sheet metal shop could bend those up however long you wanted. You could fasten them with nice hardware or even 2 sided tape.
Heck, you could be fancy and have studs welded to the bottom and hold them in place with nuts through the factory holes. Anodize the aluminum and sell 'em for $400 a set.
I’ll have to look into that once getting home! I was even at thinking powder coating, if it weren’t for the full top lines I like ntsqd idea👍

Mikes Early Bronco

Contributor
Oily Driveway Guy
I’ve seen really nice custom teak trim across that area. They were stained and had a high gloss finish. The chrome fasteners were recessed. I’m digging to find a photo I saved.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
actually as an wood and elk hauler, I’m thinking with the halfcab with the wood slates they make as bed rails, it’s old school but just saying!

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
I’ve seen really nice custom teak trim across that area. They were stained and had a high gloss finish. The chrome fasteners were recessed. I’m digging to find a photo I saved.
I’ve never seen those before but do sound nice! 76YETI those do look good and seem less ke goo protectors! Big muddy, to protect the rails of the bed for those who actually use their Broncos!