• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone know where this roll bar came from?

Adam7118

I found a photo online from a bronco build that a radio station did as a giveaway. The roll cage pictured does not seem to be the one they started out with in the build. I called the company and they didn't know where they got it. I'm guessing it might be custom but I really like how high up the the bars in the back meet the top of the middle loop. The one selling on wild horses and bronco graveyard sits lower. Here's a pic. Im also wondering if this would interfere with a soft top and if I can continue the bar to the windshield.
Save-Your-Spot-1000-400-px-12.jpg

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Looks custom.
For a real roll bar that large rise on the down bars (top of the cage to the tailgate) are a weak point and would allow the cage to fold back. Being a straight bar would be more structural. But for appearance it does look neat. Although not really effective for rear seat passengers.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
…and if I can continue the bar to the windshield.
First off, I can’t really think of any reason that if you are doing custom bars, you couldn’t continue a rear main bar up to the windshield for a full cage.
But if you look at the picture, that one is already a full cage with front bars with grab handles.

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO

Uncle Butter

Contributor
That’s a WFO Concepts build they did for the owner of Carroll Shelby Engine Company. You can see the build here: https://www.wfoconcepts.com/g-23023-bills-early-bronco.html. You can reach out to them to ask. What’s weird is the bronco is actually blue. That pic has been doctored to show red. It was originally taken from a Sotheby’s photo shoot when the bronco was sold later.