• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone know of a good honest vehicle shipping company.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I found an EB I am trying to cut a deal on. With it being 1425 miles away, I am going to have to ship it. I need to get it to Naples, FL. from the Midwest. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris B.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
The Bronco is in Missouri. It is in rough shape, but I will probably do a fiberglass tub anyway. The vehicle appears to be fairly original but is badly banged up. From the pictures it looks like fiberglass is going to be way to go. I think the body is going be too much to repair. Buying a vehicle sight unseen is a little scary, but there are not a lot of Broncos for sale in Florida that meet my criteria.

Thanks,

Chris B.

70bronc

Loc.
st. peters, MO
shipping

i had a vehicle shipped to MO a couple years ago and i researched alot of companies. Most were crooks. The company i finally went with was "First Available". I don;t have there info but i got there name from fast lane classic cars in st. charles, MO... thats who they use to ship all their cars. They only use trailers that aren;t stacked so their is less chance for damage. this was about 4 years ago, but i am assuming everything is the same. Call fast lane for their info.

DogDiesel

Loc.
Lunenburg
Try YTMAG

I have hauled for a lot of people on Yesterdays Tractor website.
If I have to drive with empty trailer to pick up something, I'll look for a load, and whoppie, my fuel cost for the trip is paid. When I do it, I am paid before the load goes on my trailer, no checks, no pay on delivery, because while the haul requester may be a wonderful person, the requester may be hard up for money, and may not be totally honest. As yet, I have never had a bad load.

They have a forum -- hauling schedule - for those needing and for those who are going somewhere empty in one direction.
Granted, some of the haulers are not DOT licensed, some are, meaning they may or may not be insured for your load. However in most cases, the price beats any dedicated hauling agency. And you get to ensure it is tied down right, and follow the load if you so choose. The deal is they are supposed to do it for fuel cost and expenses if not DOT licensed.

URL: http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/haulquery.pl

Good luck with your shipping.

Wayne

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
You get what you pay for. I had mine hauled from Colorado Springs to Great Falls Montana in April. I went with the cheapest I could find ($500) and had to wait for over a month to get it. They stored it in a lot in Denver and only after calling a dozen times did they decide to bring it to me in Montana. I must have pissed them off, because they dropped it on the other side of town with the keys in the ignition, called me to tell where it was, and left. I'll look for the name so you can avoid them. The thing wasn't registered and had no insurance on it, so if not for some understanding cops, I would have had trouble getting it home. #$%holes!

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
FirstSergeant said:
You get what you pay for. I had mine hauled from Colorado Springs to Great Falls Montana in April. I went with the cheapest I could find ($500) and had to wait for over a month to get it. They stored it in a lot in Denver and only after calling a dozen times did they decide to bring it to me in Montana. I must have pissed them off, because they dropped it on the other side of town with the keys in the ignition, called me to tell where it was, and left. I'll look for the name so you can avoid them. The thing wasn't registered and had no insurance on it, so if not for some understanding cops, I would have had trouble getting it home. #$%holes!
Maybe he was once one of your airmen.;D

Potshot

Might be a little late on this thread, but I just had my EB shipped from Redding CA to Hollywood FL (howdy neighbor) by DAS Wasn't the cheapest thing I've done but with the price of the rig it was still okay.

I did shop around and with the variations in service I decided to stick with DAS. It all worked out fine. They have drop off stations but I had 'em ship it right to the door, guess I'm just a lazy cuss. You can track it (in a sort of way) via the web. That was kinda neat too.

My 10 year old asked if it was going to arrive in a big crate, I just love kids. I can see us sitting in the yard in lawn chairs, spying up in the sky with binoculars, watching for the big box coming down via air drop 'chutes a 'la Warner Brothers.

-R

ddrass

Potshot said:
Might be a little late on this thread, but I just had my EB shipped from Redding CA to Hollywood FL (howdy neighbor) by DAS Wasn't the cheapest thing I've done but with the price of the rig it was still okay.

I did shop around and with the variations in service I decided to stick with DAS. It all worked out fine. They have drop off stations but I had 'em ship it right to the door, guess I'm just a lazy cuss. You can track it (in a sort of way) via the web. That was kinda neat too.

My 10 year old asked if it was going to arrive in a big crate, I just love kids. I can see us sitting in the yard in lawn chairs, spying up in the sky with binoculars, watching for the big box coming down via air drop 'chutes a 'la Warner Brothers.

-R

+1 on DAS. At the height of the gas rate increase, they charged me $1000 for Coast to Coast covered shipping.

ARblackrifle

Loc.
Salt Lake City Utah
I just used Hilldrup 2 times

I just moved my BMW 750IL and 2006 corvette across the US twice (long story) I used Hilldrup movers they were PERFECT. Last move from GA to Utah left GA on Friday afternon arrived UT following monday noonish. PERFECT. No hidden fees or whatever no surprises. Not a scratch. it was about 1600 a car from Mid Georgia to SLC. PM me if you want contact info