• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Different kind o' Bronco Lean

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
After trying everything known to the EB world with the front end to take care of the lean my '73 had, I finally figured out & cured the problem.

Long story short, I always had a little lean since I put the 3.5" lift on, but it really started bothering me the last couple of years. I pulled the entire front end all the way out, rebuilt everything, and took great pains to insure that the radius arms were dead-parallel when I rebuilt. Still had the lean. Shortly after I had the right rear wheel bearing go bad. Didn't think much of it at the time, but the more I thought about it, the more things started to (possibly) make sense. I had been rear-ended by an "undocumented visiting worker" a while back. I didn't think it did anything to the Bronco, but when his pimped out Accord submarined under the rear end he might have actually smacked the rear tire. I had looked everything over at the time & again later when I did a brake job but the only thing out-of-ordinary was a missing pad between 2 of the leaves on the PS spring pack. Anyway, I decided to pull the leaf springs & see what was going on. Sure enough, PS spring pack was tweaked. Couldn't really see it on the truck but it's pretty obvious. Take a look at the pic & you'll see...

Put new springs under there & she's sitting nice & straight now! Anyone have need for (1) good & (1) slightly tweaked 3.5" leaf packs?

Attachments

• springs.jpg
    springs.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

HPaddict

Loc.
So Cal
cool that you managed to fix the issue. I too had a run in with a "undocumented visiting worker" he had someone else's car and license. Its nice to have a cop in the family!!!!!!