• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cummins 4bt Luber Build Thread(Off road video added)!!)

OP
OP
Dbteak

Dbteak

I took some more measurements. The picture shows 8 inches from the center of the crank bolt to the bottom of the x-member. That seemed like the best measurement to use. Since everything is installed it was tough to get accurate measurements from the frame to the valve covers.

Doug
IMG_0107.jpg

big a

Loc.
Fort Worth
I took some more measurements. The picture shows 8 inches from the center of the crank bolt to the bottom of the x-member. That seemed like the best measurement to use. Since everything is installed it was tough to get accurate measurements from the frame to the valve covers.

Doug
View attachment 265500

Thanks Doug!

I found my mistake. I was measuring down to the top of frame from the top of the inner fender. Well, the bottom of the hood is almost 2" above that point. So after understanding this, seeing your under hood pics, and the 3/4" crank centerline above the frame, I laid mine out the same.

Again, I appreciate the help!!!
Andy

big a

Loc.
Fort Worth
I was never away from the project, I am just bad about taking pictures. I have been busy with finishing the dash. The dash is now all wired up with a new Painless harness and it is ready to go in when I get my radio back. The brakes, power steering, clutch, throttle are all done. I am hoping to have it on the road around the first of August.

Doug

How you coming Doug?
The first of August is a week away!

I'm looking forward to seeing some finished pics!!!!

Andy

OP
OP
Dbteak

Dbteak

I did say August didn't I. Well that's not going to happen. I did finish the engine wiring last night. I have the Expoder fuse/relay box finished and tested. All I need to do is hook up the wiring from the cab. I am still waiting to install the dash when my radio comes in. It should be here next week. Once the dash is in then I need to finish wiring the chassis. Then the roll bar, seats, carpet. It is close though. I will get some pictures of the relay box and post them tommorrow.

Doug

big a

Loc.
Fort Worth
That's funny! I completely understand! My 7 yr old son is ready for a ride in mine. I have a long long way to go!!!!

Shoot, next August isn't even realistic for me!

jlewan001

Loc.
Thorp, WI
I thought maybe I would have mine ready to take to the Iola Car Show that was in the 2nd week of July. Never even came close, even though I've worked on it for 2 years. Now I'm think it'll be ready for next year's car show...

OP
OP
Dbteak

Dbteak

We had a big cub scout campout last weekend and the last 2 days has been our popcorn meetings. So not much progress. Finished mounting the power steering plumbing. Got my radio back and have it mounted in the dash. I plan on getting the roll bar, dash, and steering column in this weekend. Then I need to wire the rest of the truck. I is getting close. I will shoot some more pictures this weekend. I have to hurry and get this thing done because I need to start shooting and scouting for an elk hunt in November.

Doug

big a

Loc.
Fort Worth
We had a big cub scout campout last weekend and the last 2 days has been our popcorn meetings. So not much progress. Finished mounting the power steering plumbing. Got my radio back and have it mounted in the dash. I plan on getting the roll bar, dash, and steering column in this weekend. Then I need to wire the rest of the truck. I is getting close. I will shoot some more pictures this weekend. I have to hurry and get this thing done because I need to start shooting and scouting for an elk hunt in November.

Doug

Sounds awesome! Been too freakin hot here to do much outdoors stuff!

And now I'm envious of the elk hunt!!! I'm excited for Sept 1 when hunting season begins down here!!! Some day I hope to go on an elk hunt!!!

Well, I almost have my motor mounts done on mine. I need to buy a contributor status and start a build thread!

OP
OP
Dbteak

Dbteak

Got the dash in for the last time. I still need to hook a few things under the dash. Flaming River steering column is in too.

Doug

Attachments

• IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 353

big a

Loc.
Fort Worth
Looks good! I'm gonna go with the Dakota gauge cluster also along with their cruise control.

When you get that elk this yr, don't forget to post a pic!!

OP
OP
Dbteak

Dbteak

Looks good! I'm gonna go with the Dakota gauge cluster also along with their cruise control.

When you get that elk this yr, don't forget to post a pic!!

I am going hunting Nov 6-20th. I drew in eastern Nevada east of Ely in the Schell Creek range.

Doug

big a

Loc.
Fort Worth
I am going hunting Nov 6-20th. I drew in eastern Nevada east of Ely in the Schell Creek range.

Doug

That's awesome! One of the best trips I've ever taken was floating down the Green River, camping and fishing for 3 days. We started at the Flaming Gorge Dam and staged our vehicles about 40 miles away. It was good times!!!

OP
OP
Dbteak

Dbteak

Well its running. Not driving yet though. Everything under the hood is done except for the fresh air vent. The only issue I had is the tach is not working. I need to call Dakota Digital tomorrow. Here are the pictures of the finished engine compartment.

Doug

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 689
OP
OP
Dbteak

Dbteak

Here is a short video of the engine running.

Doug

[youtube]eIAtmqI5deU[/youtube]

big a

Loc.
Fort Worth
Wow! That's awesome!!! The motor doesn't seem to be vibrating at all! I gotta hurry back home and get back to work!

Andy