• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cali Bronco Build

_Hammer

I am going to move to cali in about a year for school and I am planning on restoring my EB to take with me... I was just wandering what kinda of emissions and rules and regulations there are that I would have to follow for the build.

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
dont do it California is gettn real bad im trying to get out;D

thats not true what are you saying is getting bad to restore a bronco in Cali or the taxes that everyone hates about Cali;D btw when you get out of Cali your gonna regret it like it says in my side info. "Nothing Like Livin in Cali!!" :cool:
But ya 75 and before is smog exempt like 73stallion said

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Are you going to be a CA resident or an out of state student? If you don't change your residence, why change the registration of the car?

OP
OP
_Hammer

_Hammer

^ That's true I didn't think about that... btw its a 67

OP
OP
_Hammer

_Hammer

Wyo tech in Sacramento, I'm gonna take automotive, high performance powertrain, then take chassis fab

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
^ That's true I didn't think about that... btw its a 67

Keep it registered at Home... I bet it is cheaper where you live now!
No smog required for now...
But you would have to have a Vin verification done by the DMV or the local PD / CHP before you could get CA plates and Registration.
Forms are available on line, there was no cost when I had my local PD do the Vin Verification.

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
It's not smog exempt, it's smog test exempt. Every vehicle, even 75 and earlier is still required to meet the smog specifications of that vehicle year. That being said, once my 73 became smog test exempt, in went the 351 EFI.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
There is a benifit to keeping the out of state plates. Women here are nuts for out of staters. That is of course unless you are from AZ.;D

mcdobson

Loc.
Sacramento
Come on down, The Wyo tech Sacramento is pretty nice. If you are in Cali. with a Cali. address more than a few months they will start to write you tickets for not registering.
Even DMV says smog "exempt" for 75 and back and registering is easy as long as your registration VIN matches your vin tag and chassis vin.

Welcome to Sac. Go Rivercats.

OP
OP
_Hammer

_Hammer

Alright Thanks everyone! I'm not moving to cali for a year and my bronco is my winter project...