• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GA Bronco Design Body, 1974 explorer project

Status
Not open for further replies.

01JLH

Many of you have seen the pictures in Bronco Driver of us putting this body on my rolling chassis at the Super Celebration.
The frame was blasted clean and painted black. It has all new bushings and wild horses 3 1/2 inch lift springs front and back. All new fasteners. New stainless gas lines run and stainless brake lines. New wild horses shocks. Has Duffs shock hoops on front. Dana 44 with conversion disc brakes, all new parts except spindles and caliper brackets. Has 4.27 gears and limited slip. Big bearing 9 inch rear housing, 28 spline axles. New 4.27 ring gear and pinion that needs to be set up in the chunk.
I ran the Marti report on this and it is an Explorer, dark blue metallic, automatic and power steering. I had reproductions done of the door jam safety and standards sticker, and the glove box warranty tag. I do have the original glove box door with tag as well. All of these numbers match the frame. The good part is that I have had this verified as required to get a tag and title and I have a clear Georgia title for it as well.
The body is the finest glass body available for a bronco. Take a look at the Bronco Design website and you will see why. I compared a long time before ordering this one.
I have hung a good set of OEM doors on it. they swing and latch just as they are supposed to. I have had broncos since I was 15 and I have never had a single one or saw one that the doors fit as nicely as on this body. I have test hung a set of nice OEM fenders and a nice OEM grill on it to verify the lines on the Bronco Design Hood installed on it. The final fitting on the fenders and grill should be done after paint. I have installed a new OEM quality windshield frame that should be removed for paint and re-installed after.
I have many, many other parts that could be purchased with this such as a new centec wiring harness, nice ford tilt column, 4 core radiator, complete C-4 set up, stock front seats and a rear seat. I have many other parts that I have collected for this project, but all of that would have to be negotiated.
I will not sell these separate and I will not separate the body from the rolling frame. Without one I have no use for the other. Only contact me if you are interested in the purchase of the body as installed on the frame currently. Don't bother contacting me if you think I don't know the value of what I have, I will not let this go as junk, because it is not. There is a long waiting list to get these bodies and all parts I nave are very nice. I just will not be able to finish it any time soon because of my work schedule and I would like to see someone build a really nice bronco from this. Email me through this site with your contact information and I will get back to you.

OP
OP

01JLH

For those of you asking for pictures. Look back at your Bronco Driver Magazine that has all of the pictures of the Super Celebration in Townsend Tn. You will see pictures there where we put the new body on the rolling frame. There is also a thread of pictures taken at that gathering on classic broncos that has more pictures on it. You can also go to BroncoDesigns website and see every step of Mike building these bodies. You are welcome to come look at it when I am home. It is in my garage covered up with garage stuff and I am not going to have time to clear it off and roll it out to take pictures just to send to folks. The description above is very accurate as to what it is in addition to a new broncodesign body. The price will be $9500 and the parts that come with it will make the purchaser very happy. I just don't have time right now to finish it due to my work schedule. If you are seriously interested PM me your number and name and I will call you. JLH

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Any pictures you can post here for those who do not have a Bronco Driver magazine to reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.