• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brittany Blue color code

77broncofan

New member here. I am in the early stages of a frame off restoration of a 1977 Bronco. I will be keeping mine uncut and have decided on Brittany Blue. I realize many think it to be overused, nonetheless its always been my favorite. Question: Is there a "true" Brittany Blue paint code for EB? I did see on a previous post from several years ago, a member was going to paint his bronco Brittany Blue with color code ppg 12843. That is the same code I have focused on...the classic 1967 Mustang Brittany Blue ('68 Mustang Brittany Blue was noticeably darker). I am certain there are others on this forum that have far more experience than I. It seems to me that Rocky Roads, Classic Ford Broncos, and Max Lider, etc. all have slightly different shades of Brittany Blue. I'm guessing each may have their own proprietary paint code? I'd sure love to hear any thoughts in reference to others experience attempting to choose their "right" Brittany Blue, and the corresponding paint code chosen (and why?)? Many thanks, in advance!

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For what it's worth Ford is using the Brittany Blue again on some GT500 Shelbys. I just looked at one over in Richmond, Ky yesterday and took this photo. You might be able to get the paint code from Ford. It's a beautiful color, this pic doesn't do it justice!

Attachments

• Brittany Blue GT500.jpg
    Brittany Blue GT500.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP

77broncofan

Yes I have seen this new version of BB in the new 2022's. That is a helpful photo with the light on it. The '67 Brittany Blue has more of a green hue(?) it seems. I do like this one very much. Thank you.
022-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-heritage-edition_081-jpg.629195

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Search "Master Color Thread" here on the forum. I can't remember how to do it with the newer search function, but that always brought up the main thread in the old search.
Get to page #9 and start from there looking at the charts for the different years. See what it was in '77 (assuming it was a color in '77 that is) and then check out to see if it changed numbers, codes, or shades over the years.

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
IIRC it was only a 69' and 70' color. Ditzler PPG 13619 off the Ford truck/bronco paint sheets.

House

Minutia Militia
1967-1970 Truck color IIRC, but not sure how many of each year made it onto Broncos..

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri

Attachments

• paint codes 2.jpg
    paint codes 2.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 19
  • paint colors 1.jpg
    paint colors 1.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 18
  • paint colors 2.jpg
    paint colors 2.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP

77broncofan

Thank you for the responses! As I understand, the Brittany Blue was not offered for the early Bronco years. What I am learning is that there are numerous Brittany Blue paint codes. Thank you FordBronc for the link to Velocity. I saw this article previously as they reference the classic 1967 Mustang Brittany Blue. My guess is that they have come up with their own proprietary variation of Brittany Blue for their builds. I love the color...just wish I had the accurate paint code used!

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Thank you for the responses! As I understand, the Brittany Blue was not offered for the early Bronco years. What I am learning is that there are numerous Brittany Blue paint codes. Thank you FordBronc for the link to Velocity. I saw this article previously as they reference the classic 1967 Mustang Brittany Blue. My guess is that they have come up with their own proprietary variation of Brittany Blue for their builds. I love the color...just wish I had the accurate paint code used!
It was in 69' and 70'.

FB_IMG_1567198517241.jpg