• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brittany blue overused?

smittymike19

Live in N.J. and rarely see early broncos on the road. Just bought a 72 and going to paint it. Liked Brittany blue but it seems that it’s an overused color? Are there a ton of them out there? I don’t ccd see many pictures of that color on this forum or on the Facebook groups. But it seems that many people say it’s being overused?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Live in N.J. and rarely see early broncos on the road. Just bought a 72 and going to paint it. Liked Brittany blue but it seems that it’s an overused color? Are there a ton of them out there? I don’t ccd see many pictures of that color on this forum or on the Facebook groups. But it seems that many people say it’s being overused?

you said you like it, all that matters ;) that being said there are a ton of blue-green colors to choose from, I've been fighting this battle myself. Will probably end up going back to original Arcadian Blue though. But until I'm forced to decide, I will continue to debate with myself

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Makes me think of rocky roads ever time I hear it.

Ouch! ;D

“Overused” is a relative term. There aren’t enough early Broncos in total to really make a single color overused. Popular colors come and go. Boxwood Green is another popular color right now. Almost 10% of the Broncos at the Eco Boost 400 were Boxwood Green! (3 out of about 35).

But as others have said, paint it the color you want. It’s a popular color because it’s a great looking color.

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
I would consider the OEM color. I was really torn on what color to paint mine, I wanted blue, my oldest daughter wanted the red and something in my said why not look at the oem color. So I got some sample bottles at the local auto paint store and that really helped me decide. I sprayed panels and then we all looked at it and it was a no brainer. Had to go with OEM Jade Green. The new clears that are put over the old colors make them really pop.

Attachments

• DSCN0283.jpg
    DSCN0283.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN0285.jpg
    DSCN0285.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN0287.jpg
    DSCN0287.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Church1.jpg
    Church1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 151

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I would consider the OEM color. I was really torn on what color to paint mine, I wanted blue, my oldest daughter wanted the red and something in my said why not look at the oem color. So I got some sample bottles at the local auto paint store and that really helped me decide. I sprayed panels and then we all looked at it and it was a no brainer. Had to go with OEM Jade Green. The new clears that are put over the old colors make them really pop.

Man I love that green. Yea babay! ;D

sburks737

As others have stated...its up to you, you'll have to live with it everyday.
Mine is Brittany Blue and as far as it being over used I'll tell you this. We went to super cel in 2017 and didn't see another bronco the same color. Someone said there were close to 500 broncos that year. I'm not saying there wasn't another one there hiding but we didn't see it. I got tons of comments about the color alone and bet that the following year there were more. Couple people mentioned that was the color they were gonna go with...so there is definitely more now then long ago.
I actually came in first place of the LUBR category. I attribute that to the uniqueness of the color (at the time) as the build was done by me, which isn't award wining.
All that to say this really...I've never seen a color I didn't like on an early bronco! Whatever you choose will be nice.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
you said you like it, all that matters ;) that being said there are a ton of blue-green colors to choose from, I've been fighting this battle myself. Will probably end up going back to original Arcadian Blue though. But until I'm forced to decide, I will continue to debate with myself

its what you like, not what anybody else likes.

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX

good call, that green is beautiful!

Mar1ne

Loc.
Sierra Foothills, CA
I asked myself the same question when I was choosing paint for mine. I brought in a photo to the painter of a Bronco in Brittany Blue and chose a color from the hundreds similar. I'm glad I stayed with it every time I step in the garage.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 6.29.50 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 6.29.50 AM.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 184
OP
OP
S

smittymike19

I asked myself the same question when I was choosing paint for mine. I brought in a photo to the painter of a Bronco in Brittany Blue and chose a color from the hundreds similar. I'm glad I stayed with it every time I step in the garage.

Yes that is awesome.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
I rarely see a Britt blue. On another note the current overused color us Leadfoot Grey.;D

Attachments

• 20180911_145110.jpg
    20180911_145110.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 63