• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bringing my Bronco back home - now what?

montmorcey

Loc.
New York
Hey, so I have probably the only early bronco in Sweden, which means it is not appreciated the way it should be. And, since I now live in US, the car is just collecting dust in Sweden. So I have decided to bring it over here and do some serious work to it.

I am in NY: can anyone recommend a good shop that can help me fix it up a bit? I am looking to do the following:

New paint job (i have done all the basics but need new paint
New weatherstrips
New breaks (can probably do that myself...convert to disc breaks)
Would be great to put in a new engine (i have a 302 that has been completely rebuilt...but looking for something a bit more powerful...is this a mistake?)
And after this I will spend some time on cosmetical upgrades

What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

SSGWood

Loc.
Elizabethtown
I lived in Stockholm for almost 5 years. Are you the Swede with the video on YouTube with your Bronco running around in the snow?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

SSGWood

Loc.
Elizabethtown
Hey, so I have probably the only early bronco in Sweden, which means it is not appreciated the way it should be. And, since I now live in US, the car is just collecting dust in Sweden. So I have decided to bring it over here and do some serious work to it.

I am in NY: can anyone recommend a good shop that can help me fix it up a bit? I am looking to do the following:

New paint job (i have done all the basics but need new paint
New weatherstrips
New breaks (can probably do that myself...convert to disc breaks)
Would be great to put in a new engine (i have a 302 that has been completely rebuilt...but looking for something a bit more powerful...is this a mistake?)
And after this I will spend some time on cosmetical upgrades

What are your thoughts?

Thank you!
I would be careful on an engine swap. It may get you in a bind up there on emissions, you could always stroke that motor and no one would be any wiser

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Contact Kim she's a member on her. She usef Jim at Basels transmissions ( I believe I got that right )

Anyways that's her member handle on here,just pm her.

OP
OP
M

montmorcey

Loc.
New York
nope unfortunately not...i guess there are two EB's in Sweden then :). What were you up to in Sweden? And where?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good call, take care of that thing man. Bring it back to reality :)

Good luck