• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body work ? from a novice

Jaybr

Contributor
New to doing sheet metal and body work and I'm modifying my dash. Started with the ash tray, cut it out and stitch welded a panel in. I'm curious how perfect it needs to be? I'm assuming my painter will skim it with bondo to finish it, but would like to hear from the pros.

I've txt the pic to my painter with no response, assume he's just busy. I'd like to get an answer before I cut out the speaker grill and move the glove box because if my work is causing more harm than good I'll cease and desist and let him do it.

C7D45380-26A2-41A2-9E19-32EF52DF8021_1_105_c.jpeg

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
That panel is super easy to work due to its general shape. I wouldn’t worry about it too much as your body guy will have it near perfect in no time at all.

Depending on your body guy, many painters won’t shoot over top of someone else’s work unless they have confidence in it. On other word, he may not want you to do any bodywork ahead of him.

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
That panel is super easy to work due to its general shape. I wouldn’t worry about it too much as your body guy will have it near perfect in no time at all.

Depending on your body guy, many painters won’t shoot over top of someone else’s work unless they have confidence in it. On other word, he may not want you to do any bodywork ahead of him.

Yeah, if he would answer my call I’d know the answer to that. It’s a new body (- dash) so not doing anything major but do want to fill some holes in firewall and mod dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk