• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ben, Unclebap & the 302

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
Flash69 said:
Not his kind of help. Free parts to build a Hot Rod engine and than the Labor to put it all together. It sounds like all they had to do was replace an intake gasket. Maybe 30 minutes. I would take a deal like that any day of the week. Come on bighoov admit it you would like that kind of help too. How do you get a smiley face on here?
Go advanced.;D ;D ;D :cool: :p ;) :mad: %) :-* :cry: :-X :( :) ?:? :cool:

bigjhoov

nobody
73stallion said:
i'm tired of covering up for this guy. this is the 3rd time he's screwed up building this thing. the whole reason he had to rebuild the second time is because he didn't tighten one of the rod bolts.

Maybe you didn't catch this part.

unclebap

Loc.
High Desert, ca
Flash69 said:
;D
Not his kind of help. Free parts to build a Hot Rod engine and then the Labor to put it all together. It sounds like all they had to do was replace an intake gasket. Maybe 30 minutes. I would take a deal like that any day of the week. Come on bighoov admit it you would like that kind of help too. How do you get a smiley face on here?
the whole thing wan't free. i had to give him a little over $1,000.00 for parts, he did the labor for free.

donsbolt, that's exactly what's on here is a 480 motorcraft. ben took the vacuukm advance line completely off and it's not pinging now. it still diesels when you shut it off though.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
unclebap said:
donsbolt, that's exactly what's on here is a 480 motorcraft. ben took the vacuukm advance line completely off and it's not pinging now. it still diesels when you shut it off though.

Can you take the air cleaner off and take some pics of the carb setup.

the Autolight/Motorcraft carbs don't have a solid bace like a Holley carb, so you have to run a solid spacer and a gasket under the spacer, and on top of the spacer. If not you will get a vacuum leak, which could be causing some of your problems. Also where do you have you PCV valve hooked up?

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
unclebap said:
the whole thing wan't free. i had to give him a little over $1,000.00 for parts, he did the labor for free.

Sorry My mistake. I thought some friends wanted you to have it as a gift. Ill try to check my facts next time.

bigjhoov

nobody
Flash69 said:
;D
Come on bighoov admit it you would like that kind of help too.

Not if I have to turn around and do the work again to make it right, not to mention wasted materials and parts.

unclebap

Loc.
High Desert, ca
Flash69 said:
Sorry My mistake. I thought some friends wanted you to have it as a gift. Ill try to check my facts next time.
not your fault. it was never mentioned before about having to pay any money.

as to the carb, we're using a factory ford 1/2" spacer with the vacuum tube coming out of the back at a 45* angle. it seems to be sealing well because we have no problems adjusting the idle. the PCV is coming out of a vacuum tree on the intake runner. we're not ruling out anything though.

unclebap

Loc.
High Desert, ca
GRIZZLY said:
Good work Ben. Congrats on the motor Pat and Whitney. DJ looks good tell him Jeri and I say hi....

Will tell DJ Hi for you, he will be most pleased that you have thought of him!!
Love to see your faces again!

unclebap

Loc.
High Desert, ca
Donsbolt,liked your idea!tried it but it's something else.
Ben dont know it yet,but am ordering a avenger in the next few day's Tell me where is best price please.
P.s. Ben, I had too sell your cell phone,sorry, I needed the bread!!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
dieseling problems are due to too much timing might be why you have no lowend power either. Might want to recheck the timing and check the meck advance maybe its sticking. after that maybe the cam was installed in retarded or advanced position and is throwing your timing marks off.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
whitney, i can't seem to resize the pics on the disc you gave me. ya want to try and upload pics 1066, 1070, and 1071.