• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

B&M Shifter Installed

mnido

I installed my B&M Shifter on my NV3550. It is an awesome unit !

Attachments

• IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 52

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Very nice. I haven't done anything with my 3550 other than look at it on the floor. Mine came with the stock shift tower. Is there a noticeable difference in throw or feel? Overall impression so far.

bad 68

Loc.
Northest Washington
I am a skeptic so my question is how do you know you will like the way it shifts while your actually driving? Looks like the lever will still need to be bent back tward the driver.
I have allways thought stock shifter had a pretty short throw allready.

OP
OP
mnido

mnido

If feels like the shifter is shorter. I purchased because of good feedback on this site. I have not been let down yet. ( I also just like the way it looks sitting on my garage floor!)

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Mine shortened the throw considerably. The only negative to the shorter throw is now you have less leverage from the shift ball to the shift rail. This makes shifting a little stiffer than with the stock shifter. You'll get used to it pretty quickly.