• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Installed J-shifter Twin stick shifter this weekend. I now have a slight vibration. ?

WPS 73 Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
The Woodlands, Tx
So the install went as planned on the JB unit purchased from WH. When we tightened the locking nut, we got it tight but was concerned about over-tightening it. Both shifters seemed to move freely without any wobble.

When I'm driving there is no vibration felt. When I come to a stop, I get a vibration in both shifters and a small vibration sound. If I touch the shifters, it stops. When I accelerate, it goes away. So it only happens with the car in gear, and at a full stop. It's not hitting the transmission tunnel.

Thoughts?

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yes, tighten the nut just a bit more.
If that does not do it, give me call/email and I will help you with a solution.

Jon

OP
OP
WPS 73 Bronco

WPS 73 Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
The Woodlands, Tx
I was afraid that was what you were going to tell me. I"ve already got everything buttoned back up. As you know, it's hell getting wrenches on that bolt from below. I couldn't do it so I just cut enough of the tunnel out and then patched it.

Back to the tear down phase again.

BTW, love the shifter. The WH directions need to comment on the tightness of the locking nut.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
With mine the pin/bolt for the twin sticks came with my advanced adapter kit m5odr2 to D20 (not supplied by Jon) bottomed out before the sticks were tight. I also had a slight vibration. I added a very thin nylon washer to tighten things up. Worked great. Smooth shifting and no vibration/rattle.

Tim

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Also....That pin is a total B to get at. I cut an old allen wrench and then use a ratcheting wrench on the Allen to tighten/loosen. Still a total B but better

Tim