• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any experience with TK1 anti-sway?

Contributor
Not personally with a Bronco, but I know several people that have used them in other applications and been happy with. I spoke with TK1 about the Bronco and he said he has done a lot of them. Give them a call and see what they can do for you or answer any questions you might have. I will eventually be running their sway bar kit as I believe the 3 piece design is superior to the standard bar with quick disconnects.

OP
OP
S

Slick67

They look like a much more functional option than the Hellwig, stock or other similar options out there easily obtained.

Looks like the only down side is they appear to be a bit more technical to instal.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
They look like a much more functional option than the Hellwig, stock or other similar options out there easily obtained.

Looks like the only down side is they appear to be a bit more technical to instal.

agree but for a street driven only bronco are they the best option? i'd think the hellwig seems the best for that?

OP
OP
S

Slick67

agree but for a street driven only bronco are they the best option? i'd think the hellwig seems the best for that?
Why would you say that?

What makes them better? I need me some education😬

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure if this is what they had in mind, but the Hellwig is simple, inexpensive (relatively speaking) and very effective.

I’ve always been a huge fan of the straight torsion bar and link arm style of anto-sway bar myself. I’ve designed them and redesigned them several times in my head over the last 30 years or so. Just never got around to making one from parts off the shelf. Even after they became readily available and fairly reasonably priced (for parts to build your own that is).
Currie did a great job with their anti-rock Jeep set up.

If you need more tunability and wheel travel without disconnecting, the straight torsion bar style would seem to have an advantage. But there’s literally nothing wrong with the way the hellwig works as an anti swaybar.
My feeling is that it’s main drawback is that it gets in the way of other modifications.
But what doesn’t!!

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I like them because you can select higher or lower rates. For instance I like less sway at on the front and more on the rear, loosens up the steering response, reduces/removes understeer. I’ve done enough high speed Offroad stuff that I like how that responds. Allows you to help control the turn with throttle, need more steering, add throttle.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
Why would you say that?

What makes them better? I need me some education😬

i wasn't necessarily stating that it's better, rather asking if you need the features of a currie/TK1 setup since you'll be driving on the street. sometimes it makes the most sense to keep it simple.

OP
OP
S

Slick67

i wasn't necessarily stating that it's better, rather asking if you need the features of a currie/TK1 setup since you'll be driving on the street. sometimes it makes the most sense to keep it simple.
That’s cool, I’m FAR from an expert.

I’m always open for learning more. Even if it’s just perspective in this case. I absolutely understand.
There’s either these guys or basically, stock, with little to nothing in between.

Contributor
The TK1 setup can be tailored to your bronco and needs. They can make it as stiff as the Hellwig if you want.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I installed a TK1 on an FJ60 a few years back:

20150625_233322-jpg.1098952

20150625_234520-jpg.1098957

20150626_203810-jpg.1098955

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’d be happy with this, my old school front double shock set up prevents me from having the new sway bar that it out..

Attachments

• IMG_1177.png
    IMG_1177.png
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 28

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had one of those at one point back in the 70s. Wonder if I still got it buried somewhere!? :)

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you do pls let me know pls
just wondering with TK1. How does clear the pitman are on the bronco with the straight arm off of the sway bar