• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Amp and speaker wiring with a LineX tub

Vincen

I am looking to have LineX applied to my Bronco tub soon. Once done, I have stereo system with amp, 4 speakers, and a sub going in. What are some of the suggested routings of power and speakers to keep the tub from looking cluttered?

charlie6976

Loc.
Grand Coulee WA
I'll say start with braided wire looms. I have heated seats, lot of wires. Maybe Velcro pads to hold the wire looms in place. Not a lot of places to hide wiring.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
You may have to run them under the tub drill a hole at the location you want.

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You could use some cpvc pipe , install it where you know you want to route your wires then line over the top of it. That way when done nothing is a different color standing out to catch your eye.

phred

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I typically use outdoor rated wire and run as much as I can under the tub. For rear speakers I come up through the taillight housing and into the cab via the little access plate. I do the same with the sub power. Depending on where I position the sub I come up in the rear corner of the tub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Vincen

Vincen

All of this will be helpful. My system will have the 6.5’s under the dash, 6x9’s on qtr trim panels , sub mounted on PS qtr trim panel. The amp will be mounted under the PS seat. I found some sleeves from Heatshiel products that I will likely use to route power and speaker wires. Any pics of underbody routing will be helpful.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I ran mine on the frame in loom. My amp was mounted on the firewall where the drivers air box was. Worked great.