• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A Long Shot

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
Boy has it been a while since I've been in here.....was pretty active in this forum years ago, but sold my halfcab and have been out of the Bronco owners club since. But I've never lost the desire for one.

Have been looking for one recently, and a neighbor has one in his yard; I bothered him about it 2 or 3 years ago; it was dropped off at his place to have body work done (guy is a retired body man). Owner didn't have the money to have the work done, so there it sat. And still sits. Looks like it was last tagged in 2001. I can see it from a distance every time I drive home, and it bugs me. So I went by today to ask again, and his wife said she'd talk to her husband again about contacting the owner to sell it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and trying not to get my hopes up. Anyway, after all that - she let me take a look at it, and it appears to be a 66 with a 289. Body is pretty decent, with the typical rust just forward of the firewall on each side. Rig is complete with the back seat still in it, packrat's nest on the intake, and cut rear quarters with old flares. It's killing me knowing this may not happen, but what a perfect project for me and my kids to work on. Decent body, good bones, and could be a good light-duty rig for messing around. Sorry about the book....wish me luck.....