• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4r70 to np205 lift questions? tie rod questions?

bchapma1

Loc.
Oliver Springs TN
do i have to use a body lift to clear a 4r70 to 205? if so how much? also I have a dana 44 front end with the chebby disc conver on it! what year tie rod setup do i need? sorry im sure these have been went over but I havent read over it yet!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The chevy brakes do not change the steering knuckles. So no change to the steering. Providing everything else is stock, stock 71 to '75 (actually all the way back to '66 if you look at D30 parts) steering stuff will work.

Now for needing a body lift. Unless you bubble the floor, expect a body lift. I never ran the 205, only the slightly smaller D20. Even that took a bit of floor clearancing. In my case, an inch would hae done it. I would expect 2" for the larger 205. If you get other numbers run with them, mine is just a guess based on what I have done.

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1 " body lift works good with 4r70w and np205 see pics in my crossmember thread

OP
OP
B

bchapma1

Loc.
Oliver Springs TN
thank you guys so much! i was just getting confused with the years on toms with the steering! what all will have to be modified with a one inch body lift?