• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

21 Base AMB no lift

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Finally, I'm back after a LONG hiatus here.
and
Finally have a Bronco I can drive!!! Actually, took delivery Oct 8th.
The 69 is still on a wooden body dolly. The frame is finally back on it's own feet, new epoxy paint, suspension etc etc.
Here's the 2021 base Base. Antimatter Blue ... 4cyl ... manual .... roof rack, mod bumper, brush guard, switches, floor and cargo liners.
I've added new wheels and 35's ... NO LIFT!

1647826523890.png 1647826580073.png 1647826648609.png

1647826734838.png 1647826847625.png 1647826935738.png
1647827059812.png

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Nice. Good to see another AMB Bronco out there. I think our color choice is even more rare than owning a First Edition.

Attachments

• Mid-Life Crisis.jpg
    Mid-Life Crisis.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 9

BRONCOchild2.0

Loc.
SoCal
That color flops from being blue to black, doesn't?!? Nice looking rig. When I finally have an opportunity, I also plan on getting a base model Bronco and do certain add on myself.

With that said, did you notice a significant change in MPGs when you went from the stock wheels and tires to the bigger size?? Thanks!

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
That color flops from being blue to black, doesn't?!? Nice looking rig. When I finally have an opportunity, I also plan on getting a base model Bronco and do certain add on myself.

With that said, did you notice a significant change in MPGs when you went from the stock wheels and tires to the bigger size?? Thanks!
Yes it does flop. I spent 3 days on the trail with one before I realized it was AMB and not black. Cool color, not sure its for me but cool non the less. The blue really shows up in artificial light.

Nice to see 35's on a base with no lift. I'd really looked at ordering a base like yours but just couldn't get past it would be replacing my wife's DD that doesn't get driven, I get it out occasionally just to keep the battery up and fluids moving. I was either going to have to relinquish my classic DD, the F350 or hell no the Broncno. I didn't feel it could replace either of them, I know from trying in the past I need a pickup truck for a DD.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
did you notice a significant change in MPGs when you went from the stock wheels and tires to the bigger size?? Thanks!
I'll say NO the change does not seem to be SIGNIFICANT. I did 5000 miles on the stock 30's and got 18.9mpg avg.
I HAVE NOT corrected for speedometer error yet , but I recently did a road trip and scored 17.6 mpg one way and about 17.1 the other. Those numbers will improve if I factor in the odometer error .... I think it is 12 or 15%.
So, yes it dropped, not by a lot, so it seems. In town probably took a harder hit, seat of the pants judgement, but I don't have the data to back it up.

FYI, the Base with a manual has 4.46 gears. Stock, 30", it feels like it is very over geared. With 35's , it feels slightly under geared, but somewhat acceptable still. Several others who have done the same tend to agree, and we all agree that 33's would be the sweet spot for daily driving a manual with 4.46's.

Wheels are Method 703's 17 x 8.5 +35mm offset , Gloss Titanium
Tires are Toyo Open Country AT3 , 35 x 11.5-17 ... Load Range C
At highway speeds, they generate some humm, not overly bad in my opinion .... and fwiw, I hate loud tires.