• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MI 1974 Bronco U15 - sold for 11,050 on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Loc.
Holland
1974 Ford Bronco U15
I am selling my 1974 Bronco because I have debt to pay off and Dave Ramsey says that I shouldn't have toys like this when I have debt so.....
I play with this Bronco in the sand dunes and trails. The dunes are roughly 75 miles from my home and I drive that distance at between 70 and 75 miles per hour. It doesn't wander, shake, rattle, or feel at all its age. I have not even installed the stabilizer bar up front because it simply doesn't need it. The 351 fires up significantly faster than any of my 2000 and newer vehicles ever do - touch the key and its running. I installed a GM style one-wire distributor (clear cap so you can see the spark - gimmicky but still cool) and it seems to work far better than the MSD system that was installed for me originally.
Title, frame, glove box door numbers match and no lien is on the vehicle.
With all of that being said, this is what I consider a project Bronco. It would be the perfect project for a parent/child to do together, or for an investor to complete and turn for a huge payback. All details I can think of are listed below. If you have questions or want additional information please let me know:
• Engine is a 351W roughly 75,000 miles but rebuilt to stock 3000 miles ago
• Transmission is a C4 3 speed automatic rebuilt less than 10,000 miles ago
• Transfer case is a D20 - shifter works but could stand to be tightened
• Front axle D44 is from a 1976 Bronco with disk brakes (3.54 gears)
o New calipers, rotors, pads last summer
o Custom steering linkage
o driver's side axle shafts need to be replaced - broken at ears
• Rear axle is the stock Ford 9" (3.54 gears) - I think it's a big bearing but don't know for sure
• Exhaust is custom 2.5" with dual Flowmaster 40s and an "H" pipe for sound balancing
o One manifold is cracked and needs to be replaced - headers maybe?
• Power steering
• Power brakes (disk up front, drum in back) (no e-brake)
• 3 or 3.5" suspension lift with set-up for dual shocks at each corner (currently single shocked)
• 1 year old soft top from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard
• New 4 core aluminum radiator
• New set of 5 tires (less than 500 miles) 33x12.50x15 all terrains on black steel wheels (wheels are not new but are good) ***I have a set of chrome wheels that have tires with much less tread that I'll swap out for these if you'd rather have chrome wheels (you get either the black wheels and new tires or chrome wheels and old tires)
• Body
o Grill great condition with chrome headlight rings and the red insert letters (letters need to be redone)
o Hood great condition needs to be primed and painted (original hood was dented and layered with bondo)
o Front fenders are excellent and line up perfectly with the grill so I assume they are factory original
o Doors are great
o Rear quarters have small rust blisters that need to be addressed in the near future to prevent holes from forming, but they do not need to be replaced.
o Tailgate is a high end replacement with perfect sheetmetal. Whoever painted it had an issue between the pain and primer causing the paint to not stick correctly so it doesn't look great. No rust on this gate.
o Tub - front floors replaced, strikers need to be replaced.
o Windshield frame has a dime sized rust hold on the drivers side toward where it meets the side body line
o Dash is nice with no radio hole (hole was filled in)
o Inner fenders have fist sized rust areas that need to be patched but the rest is good so I wouldn't replace them
o I would replace the fender flares because some of the areas outside of the screw holes are broken off from years of vibration
• Interior
o rear seat is out of a 2000s Jeep Wrangler and has 3 seat belts
o Front seats are stock and are in need of new upholstery that I have from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard but have not installed
o Floor is painted with do-it-yourself bed liner that I have never been happy with. It looks good behind the front seats but not good enough forward of that
• Frame is in excellent condition - Georgia truck so no Michigan scale to speak of. My intent was to have the entire body sand blasted but to only clean the frame because whatever coating is on it seems to be working really well.
• Glass is all good (windshield and doors)
• Engine compartment is nice but needs a serious cleaning that I never got around to.
• New battery last fall
• Chrome bumpers are nice but need a good polishing - front bumper needs to be properly installed - I took a brush guard off and haven't gotten around to getting the right bolts for it.
• Front gas tank needs to be installed and I don't know if the tank switch is good
• Needs new brake light switch
• Full family style cage fits underneath the soft top frame components and inside of a hard top.

My Ebay Ad

Last edited:

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I would tell Dave Ramsey to kiss off cause you prolly got some of that debt building your bronco. You can't take money with you when you die. So enjoy life while you can

N747JB

I would tell Dave Ramsey to kiss off cause you prolly got some of that debt building your bronco. You can't take money with you when you die. So enjoy life while you can

I have to agree! Nothing wrong with getting out of debt, but selling your Bronco to do it? Doesn't your wife have stuff you could sell??;)
I'm staring at 50 next year and I have come to realize I may not live forever, so I'm going to have fun while I can! ;D

OP
OP
strider

strider

Loc.
Holland
Lol. I'd normally agree with you but when I look at my life right now, I'm only unhappy when I look at how much money I'm paying to credit card companies because i couldn't wait that one extra month for some toy or another.

Besides, I've got plans for my next one already.

Status
Not open for further replies.