• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1971 Frame Off Luber Build

TheGanzman

Loc.
San Clemente
Jaw-dropping build quality! I'm truly humbled and impressed with your attention to detail, and insistence on getting it EXACTLY the way you envision it, even if it has meant some serious "direction change(s)"...

I personally LOVE a resto-mod; never been much for "rules". I'll be digging into my '69 soon, and will be installing vintage Porsche VDO green gauges, 'cause that's what *I* like! Good for you; I'd like to make a run up from San Clemente to see this first-hand when you get close to finished...

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Looks great. I love the PLC idea. I used to build and automate industrial machines and did a lot of work with PLC products.

Dpearce

That matte gray looks great! I told John Cole to take a bunch of notes at SEMA so I can "borrow" some of your ideas.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Very cool with the wood. It is different and I think that will get you some bonus points for sure. I like it ! I am curious, with your dash layout I see why you went with the non shift steering column, doing that, did you move the gauge cluster hole over for the AC vent? I was planning to run a vent there but with my theme of retro modern I kept the original gauge and the damn back light housing eats up a lot of real-estate on that side of the panel so I nixed the idea and went with layout design B. To me it still looks like you have more room there, did you shift your column hole some as well or is it the illusion to me because I do not see the large rectangular hole the factory used to accommodate the shift linkage on the columns? Either way I am digging it! Now to throw a wrench, with all that tech on board, did you consider going push button on your shifter? That would have been bad ass as well... I know... I keep coming up with more ideas as I build on mine, I see things and then the creative juices flow and the lightbulb goes off... its a sickness I think... LOL Your rig is definitely one of a kind and all you and your vision and that is what I like the most! Bravo!

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Numberfool. Show me a link to your '75 LUBR. I only saw the link to the '71 rebuild. I have a '75 also and have been toying with the LUBR idea.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Seat Heaters are a must! Bwahahaha... I put them in my F250 2 years ago and love them. I have had back surgery so some days it bothers me and it is nice to hit the button and get some heat to loosen it up... on the other spectrum, winter they are awesome as well. I get your points completely, I too am in that boat, I keep seeing things and new ideas pop up but when is enough enough and when is it too much. I am trying to stick to that retro modern theme of sorts so it is helping me keep things in appropriate portions I think...

I also did not know that your windows system was stand alone meaning it is only on when you want but not effecting use when it is off... That is a great feature I think.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I know you guys are doing the hustle right now...

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
WOW! All I can honestly say about the wood on the dash and bed floor is, "I LOVE IT!" I cannot believe that nobody had thought of this yet and thumbs up to you on this idea! As for the technical aspect that you are bringing to the table on this buildup, it is pretty cool! Definitely gonna be a One of a Kind Bronco. Awesome! ;D

Bferrari

Any chance you would be willing to show us a "behind the scenes" pic of your dash? I am very curious as to how you hooked up your defrost with the double din unit. I am in process of fighting that battle myself right now so any info you could share would be appreciated. Your truck is looking amazing!

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The more pictures of this LUBR the more I am leaning away from 285/70-17 and leaning towards the 275/70-17. Your stance is just awesome. I love following this build! Good luck at sema.

xfalcon

looks Awsome, did I miss it... whats the camera pod on the front bumper?

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Truck looks awesome! Drive and enjoy the Hell out of it. Any thoughts on the 4 link in the back and the way it handled in the short time you had to drive the truck?

Nice Job!!!!!!! ;D

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Sorry I missed meeting you at your rig, did have a good talk with a number of your employee's. They were very helpful with my questions... Doug

One final picture...

Attachments

• DSCN2993.jpg
    DSCN2993.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 120