• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Bronco from Tucson (I bought it!)

cwcorbin

Thanks to AZLAW for helping me become the new owner of a 1966 Bronco. This is the one that was for sale in Tucson. We went down from Phoenix today, put some rollers on it and trailered it home. Happy to be starting a new project, and will update this thread as I make progress.

Craig

DSC_8703.JPG

Last edited:

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was watching that one.... looks like it will be a fun project!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Woohoo Congrats..

Can't never have To many guns, Girlfriends, or broncos, haha.. well maybe GFs...

azlaw

Loc.
Tucson, AZ
Craig is a true gentleman, he even put up with my last minute nibble on the jerry cans. Hope all the pack rats got off before you left. I'm amazed that the brakes seemed to still be working, I wonder if the engine will just fire back up. Keep us posted on the project!

H

OP
OP
C

cwcorbin

Safe at the new home...
2013-04-06%2017.12.50.jpg

broncobsession - first plan is to get it cleaned out and running. I really like the patina'ed look of this truck, plus it has a pretty well documented history in Tucson. The husband and wife that owned it, spent many years together in it. She has asked for a ride in the truck when it is again roadworthy, so I plan to retain as many personal touches on the truck as I can for now until I have fulfilled that request. I do plan on returning it to uncut, and in doing so will have fixed the worst of the body damage. Upgrading to dual circuit brakes is also in order.

Craig

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cwcorbin

Took a first look inside the Bronco today, found this sweet wooden-cased First Aid Kit...

64336_4077500114929_1976957147_n.jpg

529353_4077501914974_1116814374_n.jpg

azlaw

Loc.
Tucson, AZ
Wow, that brings back some memories. Those Carlisle dressings might be actual WWII surplus. And smelling salts... whatever you do, don't use them on anyone.

There were WWII dated C and K rations in that truck at various times, maybe still there, if the pack rats didn't get them.

H

bosshoff

Contributor
Did these previous owners used to do research in the desert? I remember an article from way back with a Bronco in it. I cant remember what magazine it was in. Looks really familiar.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Did these previous owners used to do research in the desert? I remember an article from way back with a Bronco in it. I cant remember what magazine it was in. Looks really familiar.

It was in an issue of Outside magazine - I remembered the article when I saw the truck too. AZLAW posted that it was in Outside. I'm guessing it was in the late '90s/early '00s that it was published. I did the El Camino del Diablo twice in the '90s and I know the article was published after I did it. I went to my local public library over the weekend hoping to find the issue but alas, they don't save them back that far.

Great score, Craig! Great to see you back with a Bronco after all these years!

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yep, that's it. Very interesting as I normally don't read that magazine. I must've seen something about El Camino on the cover and picked it up to read it at the newsstand or grocery store.

Todd Z.