• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
There's a bit of a problem with door/top seam. No upper door frame, and the top overhangs the door opening. I don't see that being the case. Overall it's a good rendering.

c2522864133459.5acd7408e2e86.jpg

Ryan_M

Loc.
Franklin
Bleh. Reminds me of those giant wall clocks you see for sale at Target that are made to look vintage and like they are driven by gears, but is really just a facade of cheap plastic.

71y5JWD764L._SY463_.jpg

And this is why Ford will not be able to make everyone happy. I think 90% of us would be happy with that and then 10% would pick it apart.

Not sure they are going to make a 4,500lb metal beast with solid axels and a carbureted engine.

SavageBurro

Kind of a cool concept. I agree that with a few of its rounded edges - its' very Scout-like, but I still like it. Sure doesn't take much tweaking here or there to make a difference. Sorry for the tangent, but ever notice how an early bronco looks like a 90s Defender with just the BC Bronco 'squared' soft top?

Attachments

• 2020-ford-bronco-10.jpg
    2020-ford-bronco-10.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 119

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Kind of a cool concept. I agree that with a few of its rounded edges - its' very Scout-like, but I still like it. Sure doesn't take much tweaking here or there to make a difference. Sorry for the tangent, but ever notice how an early bronco looks like a 90s Defender with just the BC Bronco 'squared' soft top?

I would say that the Defender 90 looks like an early Bronco with a BC soft top, rather than saying it the other way around.
I remember the first time I saw one thinking 'That looks a lot like a Bronco'.

SavageBurro

I would say that the Defender 90 looks like an early Bronco with a BC soft top, rather than saying it the other way around.
I remember the first time I saw one thinking 'That looks a lot like a Bronco'.

You are absolutely 1000% correct! My bad.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
It's definitely better than some of the renderings I've seen. Also not as good as some I've seen. Overall I like the shape. I hope the long hood houses some good muscle. I wonder if the new Bronco will come with a cage like the wrangler does.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I want 5x5.5 rims!!!

For liability I don't see this happening. Too much temptation to put expired wheels on a new rig and drive it like you stole it. Ford changed the pattern on the Super Duty's in 1999 so there was a break in re-use of wheels for starters. 1997 F150 saw this, then again in 2004.

mrdrnac

Contributor
RE: New Bronco?

Is this new or an old one? From Texas Hill Country Facebook page.

Attachments

• safe_image.jpg
    safe_image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 184

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Old.

Motorweek or Road and Track had a recent sneak peak.
It was the new Bronco under a tarp. Apparently It Is being debuted at the Big Auto Show this Fall (New York?).
The silhouette that you can see has great dimensions. From the looks department it sounds like they were listening to us.
The large wheel wells look like a 33 would fit stock.

Jaxgtc

Looks a little too much like a blast from the wrong past...

Attachments

• Jimmy2.jpg
    Jimmy2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Jimmy.jpg
    Jimmy.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 81

Jaxgtc

I like the Road and Track guess much better than the 6G. Now if they will just give me that removable bulkhead and a half cab option....