• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Winter Bronco tub storage crate

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
This should keep the tub free of snow until the spring. My wife put up with the tub on HER SIDE of the garage for long enough. Should put me back in the good books.

Last edited:

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
That looks good, but did you spay your bare steel down with anything. It will draw moister/condesation and will rust.

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
Good point, but up here our climate is quite dry, and while there are some wild temperature swings, if you can keep the tub out of the sun/rain and the temp changes are slow, I wouldn't worry about rust. I have some sandblasted bare steel in my unheated garage that has yet to rust after 2 years...

OP
OP
screamin reel

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
Sprayed the exposed metal with Jig-A-Loo. That will give it more than enough protection. Tilt the crate at a slight angle and no puddles.
Pick up a couple of cases of beer for the buddy who is storing it and I should be good to go.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
underside or not -
I would be very concerned about condensation inside.
That's a mini green house!
You'd be better off just building a little roof over it leaving the sides open.

OP
OP
screamin reel

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
It is built with plenty of ventilation underneath.
Like Malcolmzilla said, we have a fairly dry climate here in Calgary. Especially in winter.
It will be up on saw horses so air will have no problem circulating.

OP
OP
screamin reel

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
Not sure if it's a Canadian thing or not. It is a rust inhibitor, lubricant etc. Not greasy unlike WD-40. Use it on all of my holiday trailer parts and conections. Works great.