• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Utah Bronco Club Fall and Winter 2010

sstclair

The October 2010 UBC event is coming up fast..
This is the San Rafael Swell trip. October 8,9, and 10.
Carl has picked what looks like a great spot for our base camp. Just north of I70 at exit 131 about a mile.
It has easy access for trailers and such and is up in the cedars. The trails are mild with fun stuff to play on as well.

Pipe up on the thread to let us know who’s coming. So far I count five rigs for sure. Bring yourself, Bring your family, bring your friends, you can even bring your jeep. Here’s the link on our forums:
San Rafael Swell Oct 2010

November 26-28:
The Hole in the Rock Trail is on the calendar for November. We leave home early enough to meet at the trailhead the day after Thanksgiving. Then wheel in, set up the base camp. Then run the rest of the trail the next day and come back out to the camp. Sunday we break camp, wheel back to the trailhead and then home. This is a one of those once in a lifetime trails you really shouldn’t miss. It’s absolutely amazing country. This trail is not for stock vehicles. At least some traction aid and a mild lift would be my recommendation. Last year Keith ran it in his Bronco while it was still open on both ends and virtually didn’t slip a tire. Here's a trip report from last year: Hole in the Rock 2009 trip report

December 18th
Toys for Tots run, volunteer and luncheon.
We usually work in a snow run in December as well.

January 14-16:
Southwest Crawl Fest in St. George, Utah
Last year we attended this as a club and had a great time! This whole area is often overlooked as a 4x4 destination. It does rival Moab in many ways, Spectacular views, and fantastic trails, red rock and sand. Oh and did I mention it’s much warmer than Salt Lake? It's much more like Vegas temp wise. There are enough trails and trail leaders to have something for everyone.

And last but not least Bronco Safari:
We’re moving forward with plans for the Bronco Safari. As a club we opted to take on the event this year with the goal of renewing a great tradition and making it one of the premier Bronco events in the country. Please let me know if you would like to be part of the planning or staffing for it. The dates aren’t set in stone yet but it looks like May 7-15 2011.

-Steve St.Clair
Utah Bronco Club President
801 999 8088

Amac70

ME
Steve venturing to the darkside. You got a couple of us really thinking about the thanksgiving run. just trying to figure out the logistics and if its really possible to make it there and back during the winter. sounds like a fun trip.

arsenio

OP
OP
sstclair

sstclair

Steve venturing to the darkside. You got a couple of us really thinking about the thanksgiving run. just trying to figure out the logistics and if its really possible to make it there and back during the winter. sounds like a fun trip.

arsenio
You'll love it! Just grit your teeth and point that tow rig this way. A few mountain passes in the winter.. No problem for a real Bronco owner. If it really gets ugly, I have plenty of room at my place. You could just drop your Bronco and trailer in Salt Lake for the winter and pick it up on the way to Bronco Safari in May. I'll make sure it gets started often and all the fluids circulated and such. I'll even try real hard not to roll it or dent it.
BTW, The way I saw you drive last year, I didn't figure you for a flat lander. Even in Utah, we have plows that keep the freeways clear.

It'll be great to see you guys again.
-Steve

OP
OP
sstclair

sstclair

Where exactly is the trailhead. for the hole in the rock trail?

The trail head is about 13 miles south of the Hall's Crossing, that's what you'll want to mapquest. Here's a great link that has topo maps of the trail and the coordinates of the trail head as well. Expedition Utah's trail guide.

In general, from Moab it's south and west quite a ways and next to Lake Powell.
-Steve