• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield Wipers - Original Linkage Kit vs Dual Wiper Motor Conversion Kit (1968 rebuild)

Adam D

Debating on which route to go. Looking for feedback on both (pros and cons) .

Appreciate it!

Adam D

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
If it's the same as a 66 vaccuum set up the spacing doesn't fit the later linkage set up. Wiper spacing is different.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
That's pretty cool retrofit setup TZ. Sure clean it up for a restomod type build.

I was going to suggest the first real mod I made back in 1977 after the first winter fighting Ford's ridiculous, & worthless wiper system. (just my feelings then and now) lol

I pulled my vacuum wipers after finding an electric setup I pulled out of a '69 or later EB. I cut the arms and lengthened them and put them into the original holes in the vacuum wiper windshield frame and PRESTO, I had a wiper setup that wiped the entire windshield and didn't quit working when I stepped on the gas! :) First real mod that I'd never heard of anyone else doing-back in '77.

We get a lot of snow and the '69 and later wiper setups leave about 8-10" of unswept windshield. Not so great to have that much windshield that you can't see out of because it's covered with snow

Last edited:

papy

Contributor
It's not the cheapest option, but have you considered the Newport Wiper setup?

https://newportwipers.com/product/1966-68-ford-bronco/#wiper-motor

Less bulky than the factory setup, fits in the factory vacuum holes and only one wiper motor to worry about.

Todd Z.
I swapped out the vacuum wipers with the newport wipers. So far i have been enjoying the full sweep unlike the vacuum step sweep i was getting. I really wanted to keep it original with the vacuum wipers (and for the cool factor) however the first snow fall changed my mind real quick...

Like ToddZ said they are not cheap but it is a good and quick fix. Probably the same cost of a used windshield and all the parts of a 69 and later setup less the hassle of swapping the windshield and what not.
JP

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have one of each. I like the newport but the dual set up is what I am putting in the new build and I think it is a better value.