• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wilwood Proportioning Valve

redwards69

Loc.
Double Oak, TX
My second proportioning valve from one of the vendors (brass one) is leaking, with less than 100 miles on it. A lot of folks have gone towards the adjustable Wilwood prop valve, but that requires moving brake lines around. I came across this one (https://www.summitracing.com/tx/parts/wil-260-11322/overview/) on Summit racing and it's made out of aluminum vs brass.

Anyone using this one and had good luck (i.e., no leaks)? I like the idea of this one since I wouldn't have to redo the brake lines.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks pretty much like the brass one just from wilwood? No idea.

OP
OP
redwards69

redwards69

Loc.
Double Oak, TX
So I bought this and got it installed this week. While replacing one of these proportioning valves in the typical spot on the frame is difficult enough, this particular one is more challenging because it has one less front brake output port, and it's on the bottom. In other words, the top output port is not on this one, so reshaping the line to be positioned for the lower, downward facing port is difficult at best, but then trying to connect that line was not fun. At any rate, it's in. I have high hopes for this piece that it won't leak like the bronze ones. I'll update this thread in the future with how it's working.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Curious too, just for the final bit of info. But if it's like so many others, it's leaking from the delay valve under that rubber boot in the front circuit.

Paul

stus70brc

Contributor
Just ordered one from Duff's for my 74 project! Hoping this doesn't leak like the other ones from the rubber boot up front!! Good info Tks for sharing!!

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I'm in the process of putting the wilwood proportioning valve on both broncos. I drill and tapped 2 mounting holes in the aluminum block between the hydroboost and the mc. Came out nice. Still gotta cut and plumb the rear line to it on the 66.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
"...replacement for 1978 and newer General Motors vehicles equipped with front disc / rear drum brakes...."