• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wilwood Proportioning Valve 260-11179

mdawson

Has anyone used the wilwood 260-11179 proportioning valve, and if so what kind of trouble am I going to have to install at stock location using stock lines on a 77 bronco? I'm on my third brass one and not able to get it out the garage because of leaking in the same place, always on the front where the little valve is that covered with a rubber boot.
Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So far they work great. We sell them, or a model similar(?) and have had zero problems with them. At least that I’m aware of.
Certainly no leaks like the standard brass models offer. Due to not having that same delay valve feature.

Interesting thing is that Wilwood now also makes one just like those brass ones.
I haven’t seen one yet, but have been curious if they are of any higher quality.

Don’t plan on connecting stock lines do it without adapters. The fitting sizes of aftermarket vs stock are all different. Though adapting has not been much of an issue up to this point.
Since it sounds like you already have aftermarket units in place however, maybe all the adapting has already been done?

During this time you might also consider trying to fix one of your old leaky ones.
Do you still have them, or did you return them all?
If you still have one laying around, pull that little valve out and check the sealing surfaces for any debris or damage.
Clean it up if you can and reinstall the valve and tighten it down really good to make sure that it’s sealing.
Who knows, you might just have one that works after all!

badandy73

Contributor
Broncoholic
Used the same one on my hydroboost conversion 8 yrs. ago, not a single problem and still dry as the day I installed it.

Those aftermarket brass units are junk, you won't regret spending the extra $ and maybe having to adapt your stock steel lines to it. If you don't want to mess with that and have a local hydraulic hose/ fittings shop, they can make you up some custom braided lines to go from the MC to Prop valve. That's what I did and they came out awesome.