• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wheel alignment slight pull to the right

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Over the years I have been fortunate with doing my own alignment but my one truck is pulling slightly to the right. I’m not sure if I just need to tow both wheels evenly in or just tow in the right wheel only. Just by the naked eye it seems the right wheel doesn’t have enough tow in while the left wheel seems right on.

Any of you alignment gurus could shed some light, so I can be back on the straight and narrow path? ;)

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Depending on tie-rod set up I dont know that you can have the toe in off on just one side. Sounds like more of a drag link or trak bar issue. Also might be wheel bearings or something in the knuckle. Also air pressure in the tires.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Just toeing one wheel in doesn't work. Toe balances itself. If you pull one side in 1/4", it runs down the road with both sides in 1/8".

Start with swapping the front tires side to side. You can sometimes have a pull caused by a tire. Not just pressure, but the belts can end up cone shaped.

If swapping front tires doesn't fix it, and you don't have brakes dragging on one side. Caster and camber. A digital level can do a good job of getting some ballpark numbers.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, as mentioned, check all the parts for wear, the moving parts and the bushings. I would put the front end up on stands and check for binding as you turn the wheels from lock to lock.
If the steering wheel used to be centered, but is off center now, that indicates something is bent, usually from hitting something like a curb.
It could also be a bad caliper or wheel cylinder or something else in the brakes.
Good luck

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
early trucks were designed to favor a right side pull. goes back to the days of truly flat roads with no crown. was designed that way to avoid head on collisions when driver fell asleep. they want the car in a ditch and not head on. as road design progressed they crown the roads to do the same thing. if you have a good alignment shop they should see 1/2 degree difference in castor side to side. the only true way to fix it would be to cut and turn the axle ends. If your seeing more than that measure your wheels front to rear on each side and make sure your measurements are the same side to side. if not correct the problem. could be spring bushings or radius arm bushings or some other form of damage. this should be done before any alignment work.