• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What I did today on my Bronco (Edit: Also hunting and fishing talk)

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
lol i have a 7 yr old bull myself, but also a 2 yr old pit

thebully is much more sweet and funny than the pit tho

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
No kidding, a bully, what blood lines any? Everyone I have owned for the last 26 years has been a clown. Have four right now. Best ones in the world.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I'm still scratching my head over that gap, but I got it closed up pretty good.
It would not exist if I had not needed to align the new panels with the body lines on the rear bed corner. I have no idea what a new bed corner would look like or if these parts would fit it.
i'm going to do some measuring on another bronco and see if I can figure out if the replacement panels are poor quality or what..

Since this thread is also a "hunting and fishing" thread, I am aching to tell you guys about a pit bull I shot once with a 12ga with double OO buckshot. For several weeks it had been going around the neighborhood killing other dogs, but we could never catch up with it.
Finally, (luckily) we got a hot lead.. a lady called up screaming into the phone "A PIT BULL IS IN MY BACK YARD KILLING MY COLLIE!!!"
So I rush over there, and when I got there she was bawling,, her kids were bawling, and the dad skidded up to the curb about the same time as me, and he was bawling.. They took me over and showed me their little miniature collie in the backyard, still on the chain, except the pit bull had torn it's guts out and had strung them across the yard.
In between sobs, she told me how the pit bull jumped over the fence into her yard but her little collie was on a chain and couldn't get away. The pit bull started killing her dog so she went into the back yard and yelled at it but it came after her so she went back in, so they called 911 and had to watch through the garage door as it killed their 13 year old pet and pulled it's guts out and was playing with them in the yard.
They pointed down the street in the direction it had gone, so I went that way. A few blocks away, I found it in another yard, approaching a full grown Chow on a chain. They sniffed each other, kinda circling like, and then the pit bull clamped on the side of the chow's head with it's teeth. No growling or snarling or action, just clamped down and stood there. After a bit it lurched and got another bite but this time lower, closer to the throat. It did it again and now the chow was figuring out this game was serious so it started trying to pull away. The pitbull outweighted it pretty good and just held it there, and every time it would get a chance would get another bite closer to the windpipe. It was sickening to watch because the damned pitbull was just doing it out of boredom. This all happened in about 45 seconds.
By then I had had enough so I got out my shotgun and jumped out of my vehicle while I racked in a shell, which caused the pitbull to look up, disengage and start to run off. I shot him right in the side with the full load of buckshot at about 30 yards. He just ran off, never yelped or cried. I went around the corner the way he had run and found him dead 1 1/2 blocks away.
He never killed another family pet or threatened a human again. So,,, he's a "good pitbull".
You got any good hunting stories??

DZap

Loc.
Houston, TX
Yup, we were arguing and calling each other names through PM's.

We both agreed that we are both A-holes!!

Hes still the bigger jerk, cause he shoots puppies!!!!! :p

On that note, a wild dog is a wild dog, and they have to be dealt with. People throw
away pits, more often than any other breed, because they don't like how
hyper they are when they're young, and they don't understand how to raise them.
It doesn't help that those people are usually ignorant trash(of any race) that beat their dogs
into hating every person or other animal it sees. Once they're wild.....well.....they're lethal
to anything they can eat or overpower. The media has a HUGE problem with
calling any mutt a pit bull. Probably 95% of the "pit bull" attacks around here
are just ugly mutts that bit some kid who was being mean to it. The local news here will show
a Lab(greatest dog in the world) mutt and call it a pit bull out of ignorance.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
No kidding, a bully, what blood lines any? Everyone I have owned for the last 26 years has been a clown. Have four right now. Best ones in the world.

his mom was from canada and his dad from chiago.

the ONLY reason I see to fear a pit bull, rot wieler, german shepard, doberman etc etc is that IF the dog decides to go rabid that you have a stronger dog on the attack.

A good comparison would be if u shoot yerself with a B B gun (a wieener dog) vs a 50 cal. rifle (a mastiff) you are sure to be more chewed up by the 50 cal vs the BB gun.

BUT to group ALL pit bulls as mean aggressive dogs is plain wrong!

...but I digress

:cool:

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
Yup, we were arguing and calling each other names through PM's.

We both agreed that we are both A-holes!!

Hes still the bigger jerk, cause he shoots puppies!!!!! :p

On that note, a wild dog is a wild dog, and they have to be dealt with. People throw
away pits, more often than any other breed, because they don't like how
hyper they are when they're young, and they don't understand how to raise them.
It doesn't help that those people are usually ignorant trash(of any race) that beat their dogs
into hating every person or other animal it sees. Once they're wild.....well.....they're lethal
to anything they can eat or overpower. The media has a HUGE problem with
calling any mutt a pit bull. Probably 95% of the "pit bull" attacks around here
are just ugly mutts that bit some kid who was being mean to it. The local news here will show
a Lab(greatest dog in the world) mutt and call it a pit bull out of ignorance.

>>>> exactly, I wonder too if the story above even involved a true pitbull as lots aren't like you say ... they are lots of times just part of the terrier breed or a mix..... even with certain characteristics ,dogs are like people for the most part in that they are pure products of there immediate enviroment .... one of my friends dog is supposedly a little pit & is a really nice nonaggresive dog....I took care of that dog for 2 weeks when my friend went on vacation & noticed a difference when out in public between him & my german shepard because of peoples perceptions.... I even took him on first trip to the leashless dog park against my friends advice & he passed with flying colors being nice to every strange person or dog he came in contact with... this astounded his cousin who still convinced the pit will just up & attack his dog & kids one day in uncontrollable rage while visiting if he's not qaurantined to the backyard... the pics below are some I took to convince my friend of his dogs true characteristics because before he never would give him a chance around other dogs or people to prove one way or the other ......... ps.- that must be some nice neighborhood in the story above with all those "caring" owners chaining there dogs up in the yard ..

Attachments

• 100_0461-gggggggggggg.JPG
    100_0461-gggggggggggg.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_0465.JPG
    100_0465.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0423- 900 x 700.JPG
    100_0423- 900 x 700.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_0421-hhhhhh.JPG
    100_0421-hhhhhh.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0440......-990 x 600.JPG
    100_0440......-990 x 600.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0452---900x600.JPG
    100_0452---900x600.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_0264.JPG
    100_0264.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
This has got to be the biggest thread highjack in history. It's usually considered bad manners but when it comes to defending your dog's reputation, anything goes huh??
Not only that, but this highjack comes complete with insults!! Woo hoo!

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
hehehe, "has gone to the dogs." Thats great.
Thats some pretty country you got up there Wyflyer.

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
WY is awesome country. If I could find the right job that paid the bills I'd be living in the Alta/Jackson area right now, no questions asked.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I don't know what line of work you are in or what income bracket, but it takes pretty deep pockets to live in that area.
If I lived in that area i'd find myself wasting all my time arguing politics with the granola eaters.
No matter where you are in the state, you are withing driving distance of that type of terrain.
Wyoming is a friendly state with few people, so it is easy to know people, or to get to know strangers. Many of the urban problems relating to high population density do not exist here.
I love it.

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
I'm in Graphic Design, my wife is an Executive in Telecommunications. Tough area for us to work in.

I'd choose that area because we are avid (rabid) skiers and mountain bikers. I love the Driggs/Victor, ID area for a small town and very close to Targhee, ~45 minutes to Jackson for skiing. The snowmobiling in that area absolutely rocks as well. If we ever become independently wealthy, I'm there! :) You should consider yourself lucky to live there.

DZap

Loc.
Houston, TX
This has got to be the biggest thread highjack in history.

Actually..........(reading back)yup........you jacked your own thread!!!

Dude, you got skills!!
Well, its your thread, so you can change the subject without it being a jacking.

If I lived in that area i'd find myself wasting all my time arguing politics with the granola eaters.
Wyoming is a friendly state with few people, so it is easy to know people, or to get to know strangers. Many of the urban problems relating to high population density do not exist here.

Thats my reasons for loving WY, as well.
There is no way in hell that I could be persuade to live around all those tourists. Jackson, Tetons, and Yellowstone all together???? HELL NO!!
Cody area for me.
I lived in Laramie and Cheyenne for just long enough to hate that side of the state.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Technically, no. I was careful to discuss the hunting of a pitbull in my story, so it fell under the umbrella of "hunting and fishing" which had already been edited into the thread title.
After that it fell apart, with people taking all kinds of liberties to discuss dogs that were just being normal pets and not hunted rogue animals. The nerve.
Just kidding,,, I think we've all had enough pit bull talk.

One of the reasons I appreciate the beauty of Wyoming is because I was born in the northern Texas panhandle, and grew up in the Oklahoma panhandle, home of the "Dust Bowl" of the 30's. That place builds character, and makes you able to tolerate tumbleweeds, the wind, and flat terrain. it's "home" and a great place for those who understand the odd beauty of the Great Plains. It took me 40 years to find Wyoming, so we're trying to make up for lost time here.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
This thread has become my unofficial "build thread" since I don't think I have time to build a website and a Bronco at the same time.
I made big progress this week. I took a week off work for elk hunting, but filled my tag on saturday so i'm taking all week to work on the Bronco. Since the thing was rotten all the way through, i've been replacing sheet metal since april. The guys at Bronco Graveyard have my credit card memorized. HOWEVER, today was the last of the big parts to install. I've made the entire circle, new front inner fenders, kick panels, door posts, strikers, floor pans, rear inner and outer fenders, and rear floor pan. I still have to do some final fit on the doors and do a bit more metal work around the rear striker but everything else is welded in. So, a little more welding here and there, and then a bunch of time with seam sealer is next. I plan to store it for the winter in a storage building to keep it dry and reclaim my garage, so i'm trying to get it closed in enough I can drive it across town later.
Edit: Oh yeah, gotta put in the passenger side rocker

Attachments

• IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0952.jpg
    IMG_0952.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0971.jpg