• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What I did today on my Bronco (Edit: Also hunting and fishing talk)

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
This is what I did today on my Bronco. I'm working my way from front to rear. I used the factory rear post and cleaned it up with the sandblaster.
Since the inner fender is back ordered, is there any reason I can't finish welding this fender tub in then install the inner fender when it arrives this week?

Attachments

• IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
I'd wait until you get the rest of the parts. It's alright to tack it in, but if you fully weld it in and realize later the other parts aren't fitting right, you'll be cussing up a storm. Trust me. I know.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Well, here is a better pic of the knobby tired thing in the background. It's a 2007 Polaris 500X2. They are legal to drive on the streets and highways here. Wyoming is ATV heaven, with hundreds of miles of federal ATV trails, with the fishing and camping to go with it.

The second pic is what my fender looked like before I cut it away. The new fender is standing in the corner. You don't get to see it yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 156

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have to agree with you, Wyoming is heaven. I have been out there many times on hunting trips. I fell in love with it a long time ago. If I could convince the boss , I'd sell everything here and move there in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I have to agree with you, Wyoming is heaven. I have been out there many times on hunting trips. I fell in love with it a long time ago. If I could convince the boss , I'd sell everything here and move there in a heartbeat.

Since this is my thread, lets hijack it and talk about hunting and ATV's if that's what we wish.
I assume "the boss" means your wife? I don't know her personally, but I suspect she's ladylike and willowy, a dainty vision of beauty who fulfills your life blah blah blah... BUT dammit man, this is hunting and fishing and outdoorsie stuff she is depriving you of. You need to take back control. Take her aside and explain forcefully that starting tomorrow, there's a new Sheriff in town. YOu're gonna sell everything and move west! Now go for it!!

Here's a few more pics and i avoided the winter pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 2007 053.jpg
    2007 053.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 65
  • katytrout.jpg
    katytrout.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
Broncos and knobbys. Hijack

Fathers day with my kids just a few minutes from the house.

Attachments

• P6150030.JPG
    P6150030.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 56
  • P6150023.JPG
    P6150023.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 66
  • P6150022.JPG
    P6150022.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 75
  • P6150018.JPG
    P6150018.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
More of my "what I did today" thread. My inner fender was back ordered so I listend to good advice and waited for it to arrive. It got here last week so today I tackled it. This stuff fits like shit. But, luckily most of us are smarter than the chinese who make these parts. I fitted the lower outer fender, then the inner, then the top. I fit them to the rear corner post so the body lines look right. It seems that the chinese need to actually build a Bronco so they would see that when everything is installed there is a 1/2 gap between the upper and the lower. 1st pic).
Luckily they leave enough flange that I reshaped the flange to fill the gap. (2nd and 3rd pics)

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0574.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 65

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
wyflyer where are those pictures from your ID doesn't tell us ...just let your buddies know where your from..Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
THAT IS NOT A JEEP!
Oh yeah, i'm from Casper, Wyoming. I updated my stuff so it should show up now. Those outdoors pics are from near the Cloud Peak wilderness area in the Bighorn Mountains. It's the prettiest place on earth, or at least within a 2 hour drive. There is an ATV route called "Penrose Trail" that leads up into that area. It's a 14 mile ride in on a two track ATV trail. But you can see, it's worth it. Plus there are no big vehicles. I need to go back.
So much for the witness protection thing...

lobobronco

Since we're hijacking the thread...I'm getting married in CO in 2 weeks and we are going to do some mountain biking in Wheatland on the way home (any suggestions on trails?). Can't wait to play in Wyoming....

On the Bronco side... Great work and I commend you for you patience!

DZap

Loc.
Houston, TX
Awwww........damn yall........... :mad:

I was up in Wyoming right in time for the snow melt this year, didn't get to do any river fishing until we got back to SLC(fished strawberry river, under strawberry res.) It was amazing seeing all the rivers around YS looking like chocolate milk. Tons of lake fishing under 10,000 feet though. The higher lakes were still frozen!!!

Those lakes had some HUGE trout in 'em.
My biggest was a 25-6 inch rainbow from Luce or Hogan lake, the further lake in.
Caught my first grayling this year, too.
Fished around Dubois, Cody, Lander, Pinedale, and a bunch of lakes
in between there and Utah.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Come on back DZap, I have a float boat, we can catch fish, throw back the small ones, and talk pitbulls...;)
We had a little weather change yesterday, overcast and cool. Just a hint of fall in the air to remind us that summer will end pretty soon.
Time to finish up all those ATV camping trips I planned.

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
looking good, I wonder if that 1/2 gap shows up on all replacement quarters.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
Come on back DZap, I have a float boat, we can catch fish, throw back the small ones, and talk pitbulls...;)
We had a little weather change yesterday, overcast and cool. Just a hint of fall in the air to remind us that summer will end pretty soon.
Time to finish up all those ATV camping trips I planned.

?:?

so i don't get it... do you not like pitbulls? or you do like them but kid that you don't? I don't get yer tag line say'n the only good 1's are dead???

LoL are you and Michael Vick good buddies???

:cool: