• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What grade bolts for beadlocks?

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
I have decided to go with GLO on the DIY beadlocks. I know they have an optional hardware kit but, I was wondering what grade bolts you guys are using?

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
But if you have to spend 3 hours getting one out because you sheered the head on a rock or something? Grade 8's that much more? If you are buying in bulk, might even get into the alloys for not too bad a price.

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
If I ever do shear off a beadlock bolt head, I'd much rather have to drill and remove a grade 5 bolt than a grade 8 bolt.

treihesse

Bronco Guru
bolts

I prefer grade 5 on almost everything. grade 8 bolts shear off because there so brittle. I would do grade 5 they will most likley bend a little before it breaks. grade 8 is good for some stuff but 5 is plenty.

Wyldebill

Loc.
Berthoud, Colorado
My Champions came with grade 5, but the last time I wanted to replace them I could only get grade 8. They work just fine, I replace bolts every time I change tires because they get chewed up so bad. Always have to re-tourqe after a thousand miles or so. If you are tapping into aluminum, always use a course thread. If into steel, it depends on how thick the steel is.