• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

VDO Oldsmobile Heater Motor/Cage Upgrade Complete

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Which vendor? I'd be interested in seeing more about it, but most people here are using the GM pickup motor, I think. Since that's the one that was tried by a few many years ago, it's been the most popular swap.
If this one is as/more powerful than the piickup version, and fits better, more power to it!

Paul

Tomdee

Loc.
Staten Island
I believe your vdo pm105 crosses over to the four seasons 35587,it is also from a 1977 CHEV. C10 SUBURBAN It works great!
Good luck!
Tom D.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Followed a couple of quick clicks on that link and discovered that motor will fit a 1973 GMC C15 / C1500.

It fits something like 5000 GM vehicles.

and 66 to 77 Ford Broncos with slight modification ;D

Tomdee

Loc.
Staten Island
what I did!

I upgraded to Four Seasons Part #35602 Blower Wheel
Four Seasons Part #35587 Blower Motor. Bench tested before installed,Works
great, plenty of air flow, 2x original. I am sure you know the heater housing opening has to be enlarged for this setup to work!
hope it helps!
Tom D.

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I upgraded to Four Seasons Part #35602 Blower Wheel Four Seasons Part #35587 Blower Motor. Bench tested before installed,Works great, plenty of air flow, 2x original. I am sure you know the heater housing opening has to be enlarged for this setup to work! hope it helps! Tom D.

Perfect:) That looks like exactly the same motor. Did you have to modify the cage at all or was it a direct fit? Thanks!

Tomdee

Loc.
Staten Island
all that was necessary, open housing hole,so wheel fan fits in,reposition fan motor mounting holes (old holes won't line up).

Tomdee

Loc.
Staten Island
When you mount the fan on the motor, You will have to position it for the proper depth, So it clear to spin freely!!
Good luck
Tom D.

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I finished this upgrade on Sunday. Took about 45 min with the most time used widening the opening for the new cage. Once that was done I bolted the new motor and cage in, hooked up the wires and it blows like a banshee now! Total for parts was $30. Thanks for all the info Tomdee. This is the cage I went with.

Attachments

• CIMG6210.jpg
    CIMG6210.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 70