• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer Heater Box?

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Having not seen one, is there an option to install the HVAC box out of an Explorer into the EB?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Haven’t seen one either, but knowing modern HVAC systems, I seriously doubt it. Given the lack of room under a bronco dash.
You’d probably have to reconfigure all the ergonomics of the cowl/dash area.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like a question that Steve83 might have some info on.

OP
OP
.94 OR

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking at upgrading my poweplant to an Explorer 5.0 and since I don't currently have AC, it seemed a waste if the heater box could be repurposed as well. Looking on ebay, there are other Ford HVAC boxes that seem pretty small. Just thinking out loud.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Heck, yeah. I think it’s a great idea if it could be made to work. Especially if you have an entire explorer donor to work with.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
most 80s 90s AC units sit mostly in the engine compartment so pretty sure an explorer would not work unless heavy modifications are done.